“Very good evening”

Ranked #100 of 871 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A divine restaurant with the most beautiful view on the famous Jemaa El Fna square. A fantastic adaptation of Oriental flavours and its yesteryear scents adorned with flavourful Moroccan recipes with all together tradional but also joyful and surprising. The Oriental lounge opens at 5 pm. Open daily from noon till 1:00 am. Oriental Belly dancers show every evening.
Winnipeg, Canada
“Very good evening”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

After a busy day in the Souk's we decided to stop in for a glass of wine. After we got there we really enjoyed the view and the atmosphere of the restaurant and decided to stay for dinner. I have to admit after checking how far down the restaurant had been rated by others on trip advisor we hesitated. So glad we decided to stay because we had a very good meal. We had lovely service even thought the restaurant was completely full. We had ordered the typical Moroccan meal for two and enjoyed it very much. We look forward to going back there again.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Bad service”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Location and the decor were the only good aspects.

The actual experience was frustrating and humiliating. The waiters took forever and I was impossible to get their attention.

Mid way through taking my order, the waiter walked off to chat to another waiter and didn't come back for 5 mins, very strange and rude I thought.

Took 15 minutes from time of asking the bill to receiving it.

This is a good place to waste your time in Marrakesh.

3 Thank jamespoots
“Rude and arrogant staff.”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

First we were ignored for ages. Then when we were served the waiter was rude and arrogant. Do not waste your time in here!! We left.

2 Thank Rubeeee
London
“Good food and great value”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were very pleased to be in this restaurant after battling our way round the souks. It's upstairs so you can see the medina and they had a morrocan band playing. I see a couple of poor reviews and am very surprised as I thought the food and wine were reasonably priced and very good. The atmosphere is romantic, with low lighting and candlelight and the waiters made all my food and drink turn up when I wanted it which is all I'm after in waiting staff.

I can definitely recommend a visit there.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Completely disrespected by Waiter Abdellah, who was EXTREMELY RUDE from start to finish. After reading Jgy6000's review below, I can only conclude that they don't like english speakers, or are racist.

1) Took everyone else's orders before ours (I didn't mind at that point, but this is the start)

2) Did not inform us that there was no more of the dish I ordered, then got visibly agitated as I had to look at the menu again to make a quick decision. Ran off as I was trying to order my replacement dish. Even people on surrounding tables seemed SHOCKED at the way he was behaving.

3) Took ages to come back to take our order.

4) Got agitated again when my partner tried to point out the starter he already knew that he wanted. He literally got angry and muttered under his breath and rolled his eyes!!! - I think he realised this and came back to apologise and say that the restaurant was too busy but this is really too little too late. I should really have left the restaurant at this point. We stayed, which was a big mistake.

I was fuming and had never been so humiliated and disrespected in my life. This is AFTER spending some time finding this restaurant (recommended by a driver) and then WAITING for 20 mins - which I did not even mind.

As for the food, it was really very average to below average. We had much better Morroccan food in many other places during our stay.

1 Thank Hkozlon