“September holiday in Riad Miski”
Review of Riad Miski

Riad Miski
Ranked #18 of 496 Hotels in Marrakech
“September holiday in Riad Miski”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

In September 2013 my wife and I had a 6 day holiday in Marakesh. We stayed at the Riad Miski because of excellent tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. Christine and her staff welcomed us like long lost family.On arrival Christine gave us an overview of the city and took us personally to the main square. Within two days we were familiar with the old town. The room was superb and the food was amazing. Although we had a meal in several local restaurants our favorite was the meal prepared by the Riad Miskis Chef. The rest of the Staff and Frances,Christine's husband were so helpful.
I would recommend this Riad to anyone who wanted a serene oasis in the middle of Marrakesh. We will return.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Docjoemcdermott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have never written a review before, but after a week at Riad Miski I felt I should. It's difficult to find fault, the staff & the accommodation are superb, nothing was to much trouble. We were met by Yousaf who served an evening meal to us having arrived in the evening. The whole Riad was spotlessly clean & the bedrooms very spacious. After breakfast the next morning we meet the owners Christine & Francis. Christine spent time explaining the best places to go & how to get there & she didn't give a bad recommendation. She organised a guide to take us in to the mountains, to shop & cook with the lovely Raja & a private hamman followed by a massage with Francis. It's a ten minute walk through streets to the main square which in itself is a experience. We loved the hustle and bustle of the Medina but it was always a pleasure to return to the peace and calm of Riad Miski. Can't recommend the Riad enough. Would have to say Marrakesh is not a place for young children.There is the use of a fridge on the beautiful roof terrace, where you can help your self to alcoholic drink, and put a note in the honesty book. Christine also organise our transfer to and from the airport, which cost 15 euros each way.We would highly recommend Riad Miski and we will be back!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarkandLorraine2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the Medina. Rooms are very lovely and comfortable. Roof top has great views of the surroundings and a great place to star gaze. On the rooftop was a hammam and massage room. Had an amazing body scrub and massage by Souad. Owners Christine and Francis were very accommodating and helpful. I would highly recommend this riad to anyone.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 18, 2013

A peaceful oasis after a busy day in Medina. Friend and I very much enjoyed our stay. Staff is friendly and helpful, surroundings are gorgeous, view from rooftop is something and for those who easily get lost in Morocco's Medinas, the location is convenient and relatively easy to find.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
marrakesh
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've been living in Marrakesh for two years and am leaving soon for good. I wanted to learn how to cook a few of my favorite Moroccan dishes and also have a private hammam. Riad Miski came highly recommended, and both experiences were just great.
First, the riad is beautiful. I drank mint tea in the white-arched courtyard and could hear nothing but the rustle of hot-pink bougainvillea leaves as they blew across the tile. Raja is a calm and encouraging teacher who even saved me from getting hit by a donkey cart while we shopped for ingredients. Thank you, Raja! I was particularly happy with the zaalouk we made--her recipe for this eggplant dip is my favorite.
I've had several hammam experiences in Marrakesh, and the one at Riad Miski was the best. The facilities are simple, clean and lovely, and they're on the roof, so when you're finished you can relax in the open air of the rooftop garden. Souad, my scrubber and masseuse, was excellent. Many Moroccans scrub too hard for my taste, but Souad's pressure was just right and her massage techniques were varied and highly skilled. I can't say enough good things about the services I received at Riad Miski. I only wish I didn't live here so I could have spent the night!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank liz s
Toulouse, France
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful 3-night stay in Riad Miski and I would highly recommend a visit to anyone that asks. After trekking in the Atlas Mountains for four days, returning to this riad in the city was such a refreshing, relaxing experience. Christine and her husband and staff were extremely welcoming and accommodating (even joining us for a little chess!). We found the location to be perfect and the riad was such a quiet, calm retreat from the nearby busy streets. I especially enjoyed the lovely lovely terrace, which is furnished with tables and lounge chairs - perfect for enjoying some afternoon mint tea and re-energizing to head back out to the souks. Although the tagine cooking in Morocco is delicious, another small detail that improved our stay was that when we arrived Christine offered use of the riad's refrigerator and plates and utensils in case we wanted to have a few picnic meals during our stay. This proved a welcome alternative for a few lunches and a nice break from eating out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amelia C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had a fantastic morning/early afternoon cooking with the lovely Riad chef here. It was 45euros per person, and we went shopping with the chef round the souks in the morning. We then cooked 3 starters, 2 mains and a desert with the English speaking chef and ate it all at the end. Such a fantastic experience - wonderful people, great food, a real bargain and a gorgeous Riad. Can not rate this highly enough!! We didn't stay at the Riad but it looked beautiful and tranquil. One of the highlights of our holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple