“A very nice tourist trap!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dar Moha

Dar Moha
Ranked #101 of 848 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London
“A very nice tourist trap!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by someone staying in our Riad and despite some of the reviews we went along. So it's a lovely experience. The interior is amazing and we had a table by the pool. There were 2 sets of live entertainment, both unobtrusive, the service was excellent and the presentation of the food very nice. We had rose petals in the table, candles, wine, the chef/owner came out to say hello, all very polite. The food however is average at best. The 10 salad starters are as my partner put it a salad deconstituted, so nothing special. The monkfish pastry was bland and likewise the lamb tagine. So if you want a dining 'experience' go along but don't expect to be wowed by any gastronomical delights we had a far tastier meal in our own Riad the following evening

Dar_Moha, Propriétaire at Dar Moha, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear MStanley London,

We truly thank you for taking the time to provide feedbacks on your visit to our restaurant Dar Moha. I am sorry to read that your visit did not meet your expectactions. I am trying to propose a single and imperishable experiment with the gastronomic menu and I am disapointed to learn that it was not your taste. We are glad that you enjoyed the athmosphere and the service of the restaurant.

I hope that we will welcome you again,

Best regards

London, United Kingdom
“Terrible place arrogant front of house staff and owners”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We visited Marrakech for my partners 40th and to celebrate. I asked our hotel a month before to book a table at Dar Moha. I specifically asked for a table around the pool and asked them to explain it was a special occasion. Our hotel confirmed this had been done to my request. On checking into the hotel concierge confirmed they had made the booking and had asked for a table by the pool and the reservation was taken by Dar Moha. When we arrived at Dar Moha I said we have a table reserved by the pool and the woman who was running the front of the house said we had not reserved a table at the pool as they had a party of 90 which had reserved the area and we could not be seated there. I explained it was booked over a month before. Again very arrogantly said we had not booked a outside table.and we could have a table either downstairs or upstairs. Basically what they had done was taken a party of 90 and thought nothing about the bookings they had already had. They should have contacted our hotel and explained the table was no longer available and then we could have arranged another restaurant like Dar Yacout, which I have been to and is an amazing place. We ended up sitting upstairs which is a very ordinary area looking out of two naff glass metal doors and onto a dodgy tarpaulin covered outdoor area. The waiter came and asked what we wanted to order and told us we also needed to order our desert too as they were very busy, I have never been asked to do this before. The menu is a set menu and for Morocco expensive. In short the salads were the best part of the meal. Then the famed Pastilla. We had a pigeon and a Monk fish Pastilla, greasy and awful and tasteless both of them. Tagines tasted like they had been massed cooked there was no wow factor. We were served courses so quickly after each other, obviously to get us out of the way so they could concentrate on the large party. We skipped desert as we just wanted out of the place. The owners I think arrived at tables just as we had requested the bill. A lady approached our table and asked how our meal was and I told her it was an awful experience and explained why. Then a guy in a chefs uniform came over too and she explained our complaint. How rude is this? He just walked away. We were offered a free meal the next night, we declined as my partner said we have been here twice, tonight and never again. Trust me spend your money somewhere else that offers good service and good food. There are lots of places in Marrakech that does. We went to a place in the square, I think it is called Chez Chegrouni in Place Jemaa El Fna Sq the day after this meal which was recommended by our hotel for a good simple meal, which was what we wanted. Great views form the upstairs terrace. Really good basic food, great service. No alcohol but at 200 dh for two its not fine dinning in any way but I preferred that meal much more than Dar Moha.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NGG186338
Dar_Moha, Propriétaire at Dar Moha, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear NGG186338,

We really thank you for letting us know your impressions after your recent visit at restaurant Dar Moha.

Please Sir, let me kindly inform you that we checked several times and in your booking, it was not mentionned that you wanted to be seated in the garden. I really do not know who is responsible for this but let me apologize again for the inconvenience. I can assure you that if we knew this, we would have called your hotel to inform you that the garden was fully booked. You can trust me, we do not make any differences between our guests.

I am sorry that you felt that the staff and I were arrogant, we always try to be polite and nice with our guests and I am sad that you thought we were arrogant to you. As you mentionned, the manager tried to invite you the next day to propose you to give us a second chance and I regret that you declined our offer.

Moreover, I am sorry that the dishes of the menu was not your tastes. Let me apologize once again if your visit did not meet your expectations.

Best regards,

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Interesting Setting, But ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Dar Moha was highly recommended by our tour operator so we gave it a try. The menu is fixed so you must be adventurous. The meal includes 12 small-size Moroccan salads, an entrée, which was a small portion, and desert. We found the Moroccan dish tagine to lack the flavors we expected.

We were seated at a table next to a lighted swimming pool with a mosaic-floor. The outdoor garden dining area was covered in plastic due to it being winter time. Unfortunately it made the setting look a little cheap. There was live music but the performers played only a short time.

Would we go back? No

• Visited December 2012
Dear KCDavid 100,

We thank you for letting us know your impressions after your dinner in restaurant Dar Moha.

I am disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your time spent in Dar Moha.

You can be sure that I am trying to make recipes with flavors and mixes unexpected, and I am very sorry that they were not your taste.

However, I am pleased to note that the athmosphere of the restaurant was fine for you.

Please, let me kindly inform you that the weather being unsure, we cover the garden and heat it to let our guests enjoy a dinner next to the swimming pool even when it is cold or when it is raining.

I hope that we will receive you again in the future,

Best,

London, United Kingdom
“Great food, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

The food was similar in style to Gastro MK (French-Moroccan fusion) and is delicious. We say next to the pool and there was live music. The music was a bit loud during certain songs, but generally contributed to a good atmosphere. If you can't get into Gastro MK and you're looking for a nice French-Moroccoan fusion meal, this is a great place.

Visited February 2013
Dear Nick C,

We truly thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to restaurant Dar Moha. I am glad that you liked the music played by the two ganouas and the luthist as much as the dinner and that you spent a good time with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Best regards,

Washington, DC
“Bring your appetite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was a wonderful spot for a romantic dinner or a special occasion. Dinner is served around an outdoor pool area, with tropical plants and a tribal band playing hypnotic music. The tables are enormous and afford some privacy for conversations. However, during the winter it was quite cold even with the heat lamps. The cuisine is traditional Moroccan, and the menu is fixed, with just a few choices on the main course. Everything we tried was outstanding. You begin with 14 different vegetables - each more delicious than the last - and this alone would have been a meal in itself. Then they bring little bite-sized phyllo dough pastries, mostly with meat and cheese. The third course is the pastilla -- meat pie with cinnamon and powdered sugar. The main course comes next -- we had the tagines of sea bream and lamb, both were fabulous. The meats (vegetarian courses are available) are followed by 2 kinds of couscous, and then dessert. Surprisingly, the sorbet was one of the best choices, even better than the apple pastry. With a bottle of wine, it came to about $80 per person.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank DCDolcevita
Dear DC Dolcevita,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your visit at Dar Moha.

I was delighted to read about your impressions and it has been a real pleasure for me to share them with my team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back during your next visit in Marrakech.

Warm regards,