“best tajine of the world” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Al Fassia

Al Fassia
Ranked #47 of 818 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Monza, Italy
“best tajine of the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I suggest the restaurant in Gueliz (Al Fassia has another restaurant in Marrakech), close to downtown and the nouvelle ville, always crowded and authentic. Despite the lot of Clients that every day dine in this restaurant (reservation is mandatory for dinner until 9 00 pm), food and service are excellent as well as the atmosphere. In my opininion the tajine with the local sweet onions is superb. I have also drund an excellent Moroccan Syrah.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is probably the only Morrocan restaurant we've been in Marrakech that felt authentic. The service and ambience were great. As was the food. The tagine and couscous plus the pigeon pastille were very well cooked and spiced. Wash it all down with some Casablanca beer or some great Morrocan wine (every single Morrocan wine we've had in our trip was excellent. Whites, reds and roses are reasonably cheap and exquisite). Overall, Al Fassia is the real deal.

Manchester England
“It's relatively good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We came here for lunch one day, and quite enjoyed it overall. The service was excellent, although it wasn't that busy. The food was OK, about as good as anything else we had on our trip, but I have to say we were not impressed generally with the quality of any of the food we ate in the restaurants in Marrakech. Reasonable ambience. It is worth noting, as other people have commented, that the chairs were quite uncomfortable. Also, at the table we were sat at, you could not get your knees under the table, which all made for a rather awkward eating position.

• Visited April 2013
Milton Keynes, UK
“Al Fassia - The Sequel ;0)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was my second visit to Marrakech and I knew that I just had to go back to Al Fassia after enjoying a fabulous meal on my previous visit.

Last time, I dined alone, but this time I was in Marrakech with a 'Foodie' friend and I knew that he would love Al Fassia so I booked in advance for lunch on our first day. I'd enjoyed the 'Assortment of Salads' starter before and I was determined to try something else from the menu so I ordered the Pigeon Pastilla and strongly recommended the salads to Ian. However, as soon as the 14 dishes of salads arrived, I coveted them! Serious food envy! I quickly suggested that we share our starters and so we had a blissful beginning to our meal. The Pigeon Pastilla melted in the mouth and the salads were every bit a good as I remembered - a superb respresentation of Morrocan cuisine, showing the wonders the chefs can do with a simple vegetable.

For our second course, Ian chose a couscous with mixed meats and I chose the Chicken Tagine with Lemon & Olives. The dishes were plentiful and delicious, served with good bread for dunking. We had dessert (though I honestly don't remember what!) and we washed it all down with a very nice French rose wine and left feeling fully replete and a little sleepy, paying around 800 dh ( £61 / 72 EUR ) including a tip.

The service was good and well-paced and we found the staff friendly, although we ordered in broken French because they spoke little English apart from the Receptionist. When our Saturday evening plans fell through, we attempted to book a table at Al Fassia again but to no avail. It's hardly surprising that a restaurant of this standard is full on a Saturday evening. Book early!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
London
“Authentic Local Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We recently ate at Al Fassia in Marrakech and were delighted by the delicious local cuisine and friendly service. As a starter we had a selection of traditional salads which could have been a main course in itself! At least 10 tapas-sized salads which included the most delicious aubergine I ever tasted! I would definitely recommend trying this as it gives you a wide variety of local foods to taste and are perfect for sharing. The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed and laid back. This restaurant is a true gem if you are looking for authentic, aromatic and hearty local food.