WINNER WONDERLAND

“Wonderful salad assortment” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Al Fassia

Al Fassia
Ranked #48 of 790 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Wonderful salad assortment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I was not looking forward to negotiating a taxi ride to Fassia, but I think it was worth the experience. We shared the assorted salads, 15 in all. Really fresh with interesting flavor profiles. Consistent with the other reviewers, it appeared to be full of travelers. But really, most people eating out in Marrakech appeared to be tourists. I enjoyed the chicken tagine with caramelized pumpkin. Our taxi gave us his number and the restaurant called him when we were finished. It was easy to return to our Riad.

• Greek first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Moroccan Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Probably my biggest disappointment in Morocco was the food. The stuff I've had in the UK and France, purporting to be Moroccan, has been wonderful so I was expecting a treat. This place, along with a meal at our Riad (Sbihi) this served the best we had but at the end of the day, it was a tasty salad followed by stew and couscous. I quite like stew and couscous but I don't think it's worthy of a reputation. The salads were more worth of note. Service fine, place was heaving, make sure you book more than a day in advance.

Utrecht, The Netherlands
“For tourists”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

The night we were there, it was a tourist only clientele. That somehow makes you think you are in a tourist trap. Although the food is not bad, it is nothing special either. In combination with the prices, it is indeed a tourist trap.
Service by the two main ladies was a bit rough, other personnel was quite friendly.
Would not recommend if you also dare to seek out the places that cater more to the locals.

Geneva, Switzerland
“Touristic trap - poor quality food - to be avoided”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I am very often in Marrakech as I have a holiday home there, but it was the first time I went to eat in the mytic Al Fassia. I was very disappointed. The service was mediocre, tables low and cramped. But the worst was the food. We ordered a chicken tajine with pumpkin and a chicken tajine with almonds and oignons. The tajine were served surprisingly rapidly. But actually we discovered that the chicken was just heated up, far too dry and the sauce was only added over the chicken. Normally the chicken should have been cooked with the ingredients. Both Tajines had the same insipid oignons, mine had some mashed pumpkin added and my sister had some not even grilled almonds added. Tasteless meal smacking of industrial and touristic preparation. Very disappointing. Not to be recommended. We will not return.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
England
“A Wonderful Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Superb food and service, excellent menu and good value for money, worth the trip out from central Marrakech.