“A great choice”
Review of Riad Bamaga Hotel

Riad Bamaga Hotel
Ranked #170 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My partner, daughter and I recently had an enjoyable two night stay here. We arranged in advance with Collette for a pick up at the airport as others have recommended and we were guided to the door of the Riad by the driver. We also arranged to have dinner in the Riad due to our late arrival, the food was excellent. We had a three bed room which was very comfortable. Collette took the time to sit with us to give advice on how to make the most of our brief visit and provided maps etc. The roof terrace is lovely, for breakfast in the morning and drinks in the evening.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Riad Bamaga is just the place to stay if you go to Marrakech. Friendly staff, excelent service and a stones throw away from Jemaa El Fna. The hostess Mrs Collete makes sure you have everything you need upon arrival in Marocco. She can organize collection from the Airport, provides you with maps and advice so you can enjoy your stay without stress and even organizes trips for you. I spent 4 nights there and never had to lock my bedroom. It`s like a familly. Each room has a small safe where we can keep our valuables. I thouroughly recommend this Riad right in the heart of the Medina. Well decorated with the typical Marrakech decorations.

Room Tip: you can contact the Riad before hand to organize all your travel and acomodation arrangements.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Having decided to stay at Riad Bamaga due to the reviews on trip advisor, I went with high expectations. I was not to be dissapointed. My partner and I had such an amazing time within the city and that was in no small part due to Colette and Jean-Jacque. The Riad itself is a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle that you want from Marrakech. It is well styled and has everything that you would want from a Riad in Morocco. the food served up for breakfast and main meals was outstanding and we ate there on several occassions. What really sets it apart are the hosts. the advice that we were given was incredibley helpful and informative. Even with guide books, the local knowledge was priceless. There is a wonderful atmosphere within the Riad and I would certainly choose to stay there again. A big thank you to Colette, Jean-Jacque and the rest of the staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I really enjoyed staying in this riad with its green courtyard, huge terrace and big rooms made our stay very comfortable. Attentive and helpfull staff was always there when you need it, to help with directions, advise or book a taxi.
I particulary liked our big room with livingroom area, big bathroom and ac.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kingusia30
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I greatly enjoyed staying in this riad. Not only the beautiful rooms, but what made it special was the warm welcome, help and care of the owners, Colette and Jean-Jacques. They made our stay to a delightful and it felt really like coming home. French charm, Arabic hospitality and refined taste : all in one. In the morning breakfast on the roof terrace with little colourful birds singing and the whispering of a fountain in the court yard. Hard to imagine a better place to start and come back to in Marrakech. Highly recommended !
Malou Nozeman
Amsterdam-The Netherlands

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The Riad is traditional and fabulous. The food is as good as, if not better than, any we experienced elsewhere. But above all of that you could not equal the welcome and friendliness you get from Collette, jean-Jacques and the staff.

I've stayed at Bamaga twice now and cannot recommend it more highly.

Apart from the friendliness of the owners their help in planning excursions and recommendations of where to go enhanced the whole experience of Marrakesh.

Room Tip: I've stayed in 2 different rooms. They are all spacious and clean and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I very much enjoyed staying at Riad Bamaga. It has a beautiful courtyard, excellent roof terrace, nice big rooms, and was very clean and pleasant. After three days of hiking in the Atlas mountains it was pure luxury! The breakfast was delicious, with fresh orange juice, coffee, eggs, wonderful jams, and I really appreciated the way they provided some alternative bread as I can't eat wheat. It's about a 15 min walk to the main square, easy with the riad's good map, and I appreciated not being based right in the middle of the touristy section. Wish I was there now!

Room Tip: I stayed on both the ground and first floor, which were equally good.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo