“Wonderful”

Ranked #222 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
yorkshire
“Wonderful”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

It was our first time in Marrakech, and on entering the riad we were immediately impressed by the quiet, restful atmosphere for somewhere located in the busy streets, five minutes away from the Djemaa El'Fna square. Service was impeccable, such as mint tea on arrival, and when we asked for a recommended tour company for day trips, the manager walked us to their offices 15 minutes away so we didnt get lost. The owner was away on business, but the place was still run by the staff to high standard.
The breakfasts are taken on the roof terrace, and are a wonderful selection of home made pastries, pancakes, yogurts etc. They certainly lived up to our (high) expectations on reading these reviews before going.
Our bedroom was full of character, very clean, a bit smallish - but bear in mind that we were staying there on a special discounted deal for 4 nights, so understandably the other guests got the other rooms, which were all quite spacious.
We even returned to Noor Charana for another night on our way back to the UK. This place was incredible value in low season (Jan 2013), but I suspect that once the European tourist market picks up again this place could be (quite justifiably) well out of our price bracket.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
gany57, General Manager at Riad Noor Charana, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
thank you for your review.we hope to see you again in our home, even if we wont offer such low price all year around. cordially

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had such a memorable and enjoyable stay at Riad Noor Charana. First of all, the attention to detail was simply outstanding - from the delicious and hearty breakfast to the beautifully embroidered towels.

Secondly, the riad itself was very calming and relaxing, particularly after the hectic and noisy streets of Marrakech. It was true to its name and a lovely place just to kick back, take it easy and unwind

The excellent, hearty breakfast really set us up for the day. In some guesthouses, breakfasts can be an afterthought and very meagre. Not here! Most of the delicious food such as the breads and jams and cakes were home made. This is exactly what I mean about the riad's attention to detail. We were always very full and happy afterwards.

I really have to recommend the evening meal (which must be booked in advance). It was quite unlike anything we'd eaten in Morocco and I can categorically state that it was the best meal we'd had on our entire trip. I really encourage you to book the meal which is cooked by the lovely ladies who work in the riad - after all, you can't beat home cooking!

I can't finish my review without mentioning the host Rene Jean was absolutely charming and kind. He had lots of useful tips and recommendations so that we could make the most of our stay.

Considering the very high quality of this riad, the price was an absolute bargain. I can't recommend staying here highly enough.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SCuerden
gany57, Directeur général at Riad Noor Charana, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
hello and thank you for such a wonderful review. i am so touched by your appreciation and i and the team from the riad of silence,hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in our future new location. rene-jean moha naima and radia. riadsilence@yahoo.fr
Rock Island, Illinois, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My first impression of the surrounding area led me to believe i had made the wrong choice in hotels, but WOW, WAS I SURE WRONG! cleanliness is a pet peeve of mine and EVERYTHING was imaculate from the first step into my room to the employees thanking me for my stay.there wasn't much to say about the included breakfast as it was close to a continental breakfast at any hotel stateside but the optional dinners you could order were SUPERB, this hotel draws you in, wether it be the luxurious furniture, fixtures, and service, the staff that was truly pleasent, or just the ambient smells and overall "royal" feeling the Riad gives you. The VALUE is definitely here.If travels bring me to Morocco again the Riad will be the first place a call to reserve a room.the staff spoke english very well so the weren't any language barriers when it came to them assessing my needs. Overall great communication between the staff and customer.Room size was more than adequate . i really cant say enough about a wonderful my week was but i can say that it wont be forgotten

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
gany57, Directeur général at Riad Noor Charana, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
hello thank you , for such a flattering review, i just want to correct some possible misunderstanding, we are a house welcoming guests for a price between 30 and 45 euros with breakfast, i cant help to list for our future guests what we serve for breakfast: a choice of coffee tea or hot cooca, plus three home made jams a red bee honey,french butter, freshly squeezed OJ or pomegranate juice or grape, a different kind of morroccon bread every day, a home made cake, fresh fruits and a different type of pancake or beignet every day plus a home made local yogurt...
i am very happy you enjoyed our homemade local cuisine , its made to order fresh and delicious if not fancy, have a very happynew year.
Kafr Saqr, Ash Sharqiyah, Egypt
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have visited this place Riad Noor Charana in November 2012.It is perfect hotel to choose and stay.The first thing I noticed the amazing appearance and beautiful plants and flowers that gives all visitors as if they are in paradise.The second thing that caught my eye was my room it is beautiful,tidy and clean.I should mention that room service is very responsive and Treat you with respect.Fitness center is very good but not excellent .Sleep Quality is perfect no noise. As i said rooms are very clean and the whole hotel is very clean and well organized. this hotel especially is located in a very perfect and beautiful place in marrakech.The price is very affordable as low as 33 $.forgot to tell about bathrooms , it is very clean , tidy and beautiful.they are old but not too old . breakfast is very good and has a good taste.it is very naturally hotel and it is very beautiful.i managed to get a very good car rental up there.the square is near from you . almost services are nearby . staff are very good and very friendly.the only that disappointed me was that there is no WI-Fi as my friend told me but when i booked online i found that wifi is included. Finally i recommend this hotel for you because it is very Beautiful,affordable,clean,tidy,best service, and great location.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are the best and higher floors are less noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
gany57, General Manager at Riad Noor Charana, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
thank you for such a nice review, we are happy you enjoyed our simple home, please come back and we will make sure you have another great visit and rest .
cordially
singapore
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

The riad is in a narrow street near the square. I requested to give more details info or one person can meet me nearby and lead me there. In mail exchange, it said if I arrive before 7:00 pm they can do so. However when I arrived around 5:30 pm, my driver from desert took long time to convince them to meet me near the riad.
After reached the riad, the condition of room and environment are good. The breakfast is big and nice . Staff are friendly. Only disappointment is there is no wifi,but when I booked it online , wifi is included.
Overall the riad is good , clean . It worth of value

• Stayed December 2012
gany57, General Manager at Riad Noor Charana, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
having booked 24hrs prior to your one night stand, we did correspond and i warned you ( after having sent you detailed explanation on how to find us on foot in the daylight only) how difficult would it be to find us without reserving a transfer with us.i did offer you to have a member of my team pick you up at cafe de france at 8pm to walk you to our house. but those offers were ignored and you did suffer what most people de encounter after a trek in the atlas... your experienced guides capable of leading everybody in the mountains, and working mostly with riads all located inside the medina and very well aware and knowledgable of the maze of the medina of marrakech ...coming up with the regular excuse that they can't enter inside the medina, ( be warned future guests, to not tip them before they bring you to your hotel or riad doorsteps them-self) when all cars and 4x4 do enter it when they depart for a tour, so i am sorry if you felt that we were reluctant to fetch you where your so capable guide dropped you off... we are a guest house where we aim to treat every customer as a guest, we will look after your comfort and every need inside our guest house, and we will try to make your arrival as smooth as possible, but we need cooperation, not last minute call and expectation of a valet service . we are a simple well appreciated house reknown for its silence and very attentioned service, but we are not a 5 stars hotel. the single room that day was at 22 euros with brkfast. . so i am sorry if you felt so so prior to your arrival, but i am glad you enjoyed our very nice homemade breakfast and felt that you had a good deal.
the management
shimla
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Raid Noor Charana is the best hotel to stay that I had ever seen. It would never look like a hotel. The amazing appearance gives every visitor, a feel of paradise. The beautiful plants and flowers that decorate the hotel naturally give us a great experience and joy. The stay there in Riad in Marrakech would be the most unforgettable trip for anyone. I had to stay there for just three days. But I could get the real feel of heaven there. The beauty of the rooms and the hotel impressed me greatly. Next is to talk about the hotel is the bathrooms. My expectations regarding this would always be high and Raid met all my needs. The bathrooms were clean and spacious. They were not too old too. The breakfasts offered are traditional type and tasted good. The staff there knew English that helped me greatly and I could get the best car rental deals too. With all these facilities, the rate of Riad was the cheapest. That was quite unbelievable for me when I got such a luxurious stay for just 50 Euros.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
thank you thank you, its a real treat for the team and myself to feel so appreciated. we do aim to provide a very quiet and peaceful atmosphere and you are making our efforts worth the every minute attention we put into keeping our simple house the most pleasant experience you can hope to get in our price range. please do come back and try our so tasty numerous local dishes freshly cooked .
merci and have a great holiday season
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed December 3, 2012

It's a good thing I chose this hotel. I was really impressed with this place. I didn't expect that Riad would be that beautiful. I only stayed here for 3 days but I really had the best time in this hotel.

I got the cheapest room available but it felt like I was staying in a starred hotel. It's a good thing that the staff there know how to speak English. Their service is nice and the room's price is quite worth it. I'm really picky when it comes to bathrooms and fortunately, it passed my standards. It's clean and it doesn't look that old.

Overall, I find my stay here worth it. It really made my tour worthwhile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
thank you for your review. i do have a rather simple house and small rooms but i and my team will do anything to provide you with an extremely comfortable home where your needs will be heard and satisfied as much as possible. the riad du silence is or shall be like a home away from home, so thank you for having appreciated our efforts .
have a great holiday season
the team and the management