“perfect host”
Review of Riad L'Emir

Riad L'Emir
Ranked #75 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Brice Counil was the perfect host from start to finish.He has worked hard to establish this perfectly relaxingand comfortable riad.The rooms were large with wonderful beds and excellent showers. tv, internet and even skype if you want it.Brice had many things to recommend and even took time to drive us to our hotel in the mountains. We found his assistant very efficient. We are not fluent in french but had no probs in communicating. The breakfast(crepes,fresh baguettes jams honey and fresh orange juice )on the roof were delicious and there were no set times for rising or retiring.we preferred to experience the local atmosphere so always ate out. I am sure if wanted a basic meal could be provided if requested in advance.In fact anything I requested Brice always said no problem. we certainly would return to this oasis.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank justquality
There are newer reviews for Riad L'Emir

Reviewed December 9, 2009

I rarely write reviews, although after this trip I realized that I rely on my fellow traveler's to make decisions about where I will stay and what I will do, so thank you.
I did a lot of research to find the perfect Riad for my five nights in Marrakech, especially since I was traveling alone.
Riad L'Emir was a beautiful space, but did not provide the ammenities advertised.
Please be aware there is NO restaurant and NO hammam at the Riad.
The man attending to the Riad was very nice, but does not speak a word of English, only French. This made it difficult to ask for advice or recommendations, and to even figure out how to check-in and out. It would have been really nice to ask questions and to get directions. If I knew this was only a French speaking Riad I would have opted to stay elsewhere.
The location of the Riad was wonderful and the internet connection was fast and reliable.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
5  Thank hibariSanFrancisco
Reviewed February 18, 2009

The riad was beyond lovely -- clean, comfortable, beautifully decorated and gorgeous rooftop terrace. And the hosts are the most charming ones that I have come across in my many travels. Very welcoming, more helpful than any concierge in a 5 star hotel. Delicious breakfast on the terrace! The location is key -- only 5 minutes to main square but on a quiet side street. I will absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2008

Me and my partner travel extensively to many destinations around the world and usually stay in 4 or 5 star hotels. But Riad L'Emir was a totally different experience which we will not forget! We had the choice between several Riads but opted for this one simply because of the size of the rooms, wireless connection (given that I work while travellng and carry my laptop) and the proximity to the Square! The owner Brice also spoke English which really helped! Getting to the Riad was very easy - we simply booked the transfer with the Riad directly. There was a short walk from the car park but nothing too significant. When entering the Riad, we were pleased to see how tranquil it really was. It had a lot of character and the rooms were so spacious and tastefully done. Instantly we clicked with the owner, who told us that he had designed everything from scratch and we could see how every detail of the Riad had been thought through so well! The bathrooms were big and really nice. And the water pressure of the shower was brilliant! There were loads of TV channels to keep you busy but we hardly watched TV given that we were so busy dining and wining in some of the best decorated restuarants in the world and of course clubbing! The Riad was practically a few short mins walk from the square and is an ideal spot to get to everywhere!

While staying at the Riad, we were served breakfast daily on the roof top by the very helpful by the assistant and Brice was really helpful in guiding us where to go and what to do on a daily basis. He helped us tremendously shape our plans and also took us to the Atlas mountain - which was an experience we wont forget!

People say Morocco is too commercialised but I did not think so - the country is rich in culture and colour and there is so much to do. The local food choice can be limited to tajines, pastillas and couscous but that did not bother us too much. The markets, the restuarants, cafes, people, monuments and clubs kept us very very busy for 4 days. Our experience being this good boiled down to mainly staying at this Riad. If it wasnt for Brice we would have done things very differently and perhaps would have not got the best out of our trip.

All in all - we will recommend this Riad to anyone. There were really no negatives to mention!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2008

This small Riad is close to all the main square action and souks but in a quiet setting. The standard of accommodartion is excellent and the service wonderful thanks to the friendliness of the owner - a definite recommendation.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2007

I am a New York area based International Lawyer who has traveled extensively throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa for both business and pleasure. This was my first trip to Marrakech, and I did not know what to expect, but I could not have made a better choice than Riad L'Emir! First, the Riad has a perfect location in a cozy and authentic quarter of the Medina and only a short (4-5 min.), but interesting, walk to Djemaa el Fna and the Souks. The Riad itself is expertly stylized blending the atmosphere of old world Morocco with 21st Century convenience and comfort. The staff was very friendly and looked after my every concern. The owner, Brice, took me on a "once in a lifetime" tour of the High Atlas Mountains which even astonished an experienced traveler like me! I was traveling by myself and found Riad L'Emir to be a great option for the single traveler! All in all I could not have enjoyed my trip to Marrakesh more and would stronly suggest Riad L'Emir as the "world savvy" traveler's choice of accommodation!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank Coles38
Reviewed October 25, 2007

A beautifully designed little Riad a few minutes from the main square in the Medina within Marrakesh.
We stayed for 9 nights in October 2007 and were delighted with our stay in this lovely Riad, designed and built by its french owner, Brice. Brice (who speaks passable English) and his assistant looked after us very well and could not have been more welcoming and friendly.

The Riad is very conveniently situated a few minutes walk from the main square in the Medina, and within easy walking distance of the souks and Gueliz.. Amazingly, it is very peaceful, despite its proximity to the hussle and bussle of the main square. Brice has designed each room uniquely and in a warm, traditional, colourful, moroccan style (all air-conditioned). There is a lovely, large roof terrace (ideal for breakfasting in the shade, or lounging in the warm evenings), and a comfortable dining/lounge are with a plunge pool on the ground floor. We were even treated to a delicious home cooked traditional moroccan meal half way through our stay.

Highly recommended if you want a friendly, relaxed atmosphere within lovely surroundings. I wish Brice well with his venture.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple