“Fabulous Riad!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #264 of 1,170 Marrakech B&B and Inns
East Sussex, England
“Fabulous Riad!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed at the Riad Davia for 2 nights and had a fabulous stay. Achraf was extremely helpful as well as the other staff. The food was just delicious! As a tour operator myself I would not hesitate in recommending this to my clients. The Hammam was wonderful - it's a must! The amazing experience was finished off with an engagement just to top off an unbeatable time in the red hot city! xx

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Bear020

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed at Riad Davia, with our 7 month son, for 5 nights. We found the Riad itself to be beautiful and serene and the staff could not be more helpful and friendly. Even very last minute without us giving them much notice, a delicious dinner was put together for my husband and I. The staff were genuinely helpful when it came to our son, offering much assistance always. We would definitely return!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Great Torrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

We read many great reviews on the Riad, before travelling and we can only add to the positive comments. The riad is as described an 'oasis' of tranquility in a bustling city and this is a pefect description, Achraf & Said provided great service and advice during our stay.
The food in the riad is excellant as was the standard of accomodation.
In our experience the airport transfer is a must and our personaly guided trip to the Atlas mountains was a fantastic day out...
One visit we would have avoided was the 'tanning yard'. Strong stomach required plus heavily pestered to buy produce or pay for your experience.

Would we return?
Yes and we plan to next year.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

I stayed here for one night with my partner, having already spent time at another Riad in Marrakech and also just come back from a trip to the desert. I wanted to stay somewhere peaceful, quiet and luxurious and came across Riad Davia after a google search. The Riad itself is just heavenly inside. The guys who work there/own it speak perfect english and are very helpful. We stayed in the room with bed on a mezzanine floor, it was just so special. The best part for me tho was the Hammam I got there. The lady who did it was just soooo lovely and made the whole experience so relaxing. I'd never had one before but came away feeling so refreshed. It was a rare experience to interact with a Moroccan female and I very much enjoyed it. Also - so cheap!
Also, the food here is excellent
All in all, a really beautiful stay

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I don't think my stay in Marrakesh would have been as great as it was if I didn't stay at Riad Davia! Although dragging my luggage through the medina was somewhat intimidating, as soon as I stepped foot into this riad it was the relaxation and class I was looking for. As soon as we arrived the hotel manager, Achraf, offered us mint tea and went through all of the highlights of the medina and Marrakesh. He gave several excellent recommendations for places to visit and experience that proved to be delightful. Definitely has good taste! The rest of the staff was extremely pleasent and accomodating. I plan on going right back to Riad Davia when I visit again this summer.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

My husband and I decided to spend a few days in Marrakech when our cruise ended in Casablanca. Communications from the start with Achraf were so pleasant and positive. One definitely needs to arrange for a taxi to take one there...and the difference between inside and the streets is like night and day! With Achraf's help and advice we were able to find our way to the main square and back. He also arranged for a wonderful guide on a walking tour, plus the best taxi to take us out for the evening. The driver actually guided us from the riad, and also was in the restaurant to guide us back out. Our room was charming and very tastefully appointed. Hafida cooked 2 fabulous dinners for us, the last one being a pidgeon pie on request. Absolutely delicious! Breakfasts were different dishes each morning... Everyone was always smiling and cheerful...very personable. It is the helpful and friendly staff that makes the stay a success. Even though the Davia was among the farthest riads from the main square, it only took us about 15 minutes to walk. And the advantage of its location is that one experiences the neighborhood, without any other tourists around. These appear en masse as one approaches the square. I wish we could have stayed a few more days!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trippinghippo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

Riad is very charming and comfortable, the staff were very welcoming.
Lovely room, good food. Would I go back to riad davia or recommend it to my friends ? Absolutely!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple