Room was very basic, main gripe was no room telephone in case of emergency and sub-normal shower connection that took some getting use too. In general all of the staff were very attentive and pleasant but I do wish they spoke more than just a little English (unfortunately I never learnt French at school or indeed in my later life). The grounds and pool are exceptionally pleasant and give the true spirit in my opinion that we were in Morocco.
Yes the Menu was fairly limited but lets believe when you're visiting a foreign country surly you're there to explore the culture, the country, the people and generally become part of the scene - otherwise what a waste of opportunity if all one does is sunbathe by the pool.
Overall a 3.5 star establishment that provides a very pleasant base to relax and enjoy (in fact I actually got round to reading about one of my favourite people of all time T E Laurence 'The Seven Pillars of Wisdom' - quite a feat seeing as I've had the book for some 45 years).
Villa Al Assala you did well in my book and was one of my most enjoyable holiday breaks where I didn't feel ripped off.
Ken Wilson with my wife Pam Wilson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exceptional site in the full heart of the Palmeraie, and at only 10 minutes of the effervescence of the Jamaa-el-Fna Place, our property is offering a wonderful park of one hectare of olive trees, fruit trees and palm trees. Around the swimming pool, all is calm and pleasure to relax and enjoy the delicate and discreat service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Villa Al Assala Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Al Assala Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Al Assala Palmeraie Marrakech