After a fairly grim year, my friend and I decided we needed something a little special for our holidays. Little did we know how brilliant our experience in Morocco would be. We booked two separate rooms: one a standard room and one a suite so we could be guaranteed a lovely terrace or balcony. Upon arrival at the hotel, which looked like a North African palace and exactly as depicted on the website, I was allocated the Pacha suite, and my friend was next door in a suite with spacious garden.
It was just perfect. We could spend our afternoons and late evening, after exploring the town, sitting in a wonderful garden with our own little pool, which was regularly serviced. Food in the hotel was wonderful. Breakfast was a traditional buffet with lots of tasty pastries and breads just perfect given the climate and ambiance created by the environment. The menu in the evening was broad with classic Moroccan dishes and fusion Moroccan / French specialities. I had the pleasure, during the week, of working my way through the many different Tagines. All were utterly delicious: melt in the mouth combinations of flavours. The wine list was perfectly adequate, and reasonably priced for a four star Riad.
The staff in the complex could not have been any more helpful. The boys at the bar insisted on bringing all drinks to our little garden. The marvellous lady on reception, whose name I forget was attentive, knowledgeable, warm and thoroughly welcoming. Rooms were cleaned thoroughly everyday with meticulous attention to detail. The boss might also be around - friendly chap.
Admittedly we were lucky to have been given such great rooms. But all accommodation looked fully inviting. Furthermore, La Maison des Oliviers is spacious and opulent, and I'm sure even at full capacity there would be plenty of room by the pool to just hide away in privacy.
There is also a very good shuttle service operating from the hotel that will take you anywhere. The centre of Marrakech is just 10 minutes from the hotel, the airport just 15.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough - a pure slice of Moroccan luxury!! Great holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maison des Oliviers is the gap of the red city of tumults REVEE is the destination for a stay in Marrakech. You will find in its architecture the charm of the concept of a traditional Riad combines the most raffine.Afin comfort to relax during your stay, well be a service you will offer. Holidays for body comfort and curiosity of the institution esprit.Notre owns 10 standard rooms, 6 Ambassador Suites, 12 Senior Suites, 1 Suite Pasha Suite for 1 person mobilitee reduced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Budget Places, Fastbooking and Priceline so you can book your La Maison des Oliviers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Des Oliviers Hotel Marrakech
- La Maison Des Oliviers Marrakech