We stayed here at the end of October/ Start of November this year. The riad sits about a 15 minute drive outside Marakesh's centre and so accessible by taxi. The entrance to the riad is up a bumpy road, but the entrance is a pair of massive gates inside which it felt like we were in a totally different place to that we left outside.
The room was spacious, clean and tidy. There is a safe (but there is a small extra charge for this). The layout of the grounds was perfect, and a lovely pool with plenty of sun loungers/ chairs/ covered areas for people to stay. I dont think it was fully booked when we were there so that probably helped a bit too!!
Food - Breakfast was sugary and sweet. There was a whole array of sweet breads, pancakes and cakes. However there were also eggs, flatbreads, yoghurts and fruit so it was possible to have a variety of foods. The breakfast area is lovely, there is an indoor eating area as well as an outdoor area with a small fountain in it (although lots of wasps when we went who loved the sugary remains so we left some days quite quickly after we'd finished). On an evening, there is a nice menu of varying tagines and dishes the menu was the same all the time (no specials etc) and so after a few days you may get bored but you could always venture into Marakesh itself. There is a lovely bar with nice music playing (although it is mostly the same songs playing every day- but not to the point where it was annoying!!)
There is a car which can take you into the town for a small fee (about 50pp i think) and arrange a time to leave with reception. This stops quite early in the evening so we took taxis back, we have to haggle with taxis and the reception desk gave us the "going rate" as it would have been easy to get ripped off.
In all this was a lovely relaxing trip and the riad is beautiful and would highly recommend it as a place to stay. Full of beautiful flowers, it looked lovely in the day and night, Marakesh itself was very busy and noisy and we went to look at some other hotels and they were no where near as quiet and calm as this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maison des Oliviers is the gap of the red city of tumults REVEE is the destination for a stay in Marrakech. You will find in its architecture the charm of the concept of a traditional Riad combines the most raffine.Afin comfort to relax during your stay, well be a service you will offer. Holidays for body comfort and curiosity of the institution esprit.Notre owns 10 standard rooms, 6 Ambassador Suites, 12 Senior Suites, 1 Suite Pasha Suite for 1 person mobilitee reduced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Budget Places, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your La Maison des Oliviers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Des Oliviers Hotel Marrakech
- La Maison Des Oliviers Marrakech