We have stayed in Riad for 3 nights in the beginning of April. Definitely recommend to organise a taxi from the airport. We have done so as advised by other travellers. Location is fantastic 5 minutes walk from Jemaa el Fna square, although alley the hotel is based is bit scary looking and smells of urine. There is no sign outside and the door opens only after ringing the buzzer. Inside a complete different story, beautiful oasis with palms and a swimming pool.
Service was very friendly but they have not speak English very well which proved to be a challenge for us not soeaking much French. We have had food once for the evening and was very nice, we ate tagine and cous cous.
Celine , the manager helped me to organise a birthday surprise for my fiancé and also booked the restaurant and a taxi for the evening.
Watching sunset from the roof with a glass of wine was fantastic.
The only downsides were : door do not have any locks and as we were staying in a ground floor room it was quite loud when the staff was talking around kitchen area when making breakfast. Safe in our room was not working and we were using safe in another room to store our valuables, and that one stopped working on our last day.
Definitely recommend this hotel if you would like to enjoy Medina, can have a better location, however for longer stay and relax would recommend to move outside Medina to Palmeraie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 3 minutes walk from Jemaa El Fna square, accessible by car, nestled in a quiet street in the vibrant Medina, Riad Al Assala is a beautiful guest house offering high quality services. This fully restored character residence is a harmonious blend of Moorish style and modern comfort. Riad Al Assala has 6 spacious rooms and suites with air conditioning and a charming fireplace. All rooms overlook the central courtyard in the middle of which is a small pool. The large terrace, equipped with solarium, offers a beautiful view of the Atlas Mountains and the Koutoubia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Otel, Prestigia and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Riad Al Assala Medina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Al Assala Medina Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Al Assala Medina Marrakech