The service at the riad is excellent. The staff is always around if you need anything. The 6 rooms are all big as I was able to visit all of them. Even if there are no keys to lock the rooms, I felt pretty safe that there wont be anything lost while I am away. You can use the handle bar that closes the door.
Bedrooms are clean and bright and the bathrooms are luxurious. The decoration is very minimalist and a little contemporary Moroccan style with niches and colored tiles on some rooms.
In the middle of the courtyard is mainly a wading pool. It was too cold to swim in it in April, but I bet it would be nice to soak on it on a hot day after a day out.
Complimentary Wifi is availble on the ground floor and strongest spot if you stay near the office.
Breakfast is adequate - eggs ( the way you like them), jams, coffee or tea, bread and Moroccan pancakes.
Although they advertise massage in their spa, I was not able to see the spa area.
Location is great. It is only about a 100 meters or less to the main pedestrian way leading to the Jemaa El-Fnaa main square of Marrakech where everything is happening - from the snake charmers to the soukh entrances to the evening restaurants serving traditional Moroccon dishes. Lighting on the streets from the riad to the main pedestrian is bright so no dark alleyways to worry about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 3 minutes walk from Jemaa El Fna square, accessible by car, nestled in a quiet street in the vibrant Medina, Riad Al Assala is a beautiful guest house offering high quality services. This fully restored character residence is a harmonious blend of Moorish style and modern comfort. Riad Al Assala has 6 spacious rooms and suites with air conditioning and a charming fireplace. All rooms overlook the central courtyard in the middle of which is a small pool. The large terrace, equipped with solarium, offers a beautiful view of the Atlas Mountains and the Koutoubia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prestigia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Riad Al Assala Medina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Al Assala Medina Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Al Assala Medina Marrakech