My husband treated me to a 4-night stay at the Noir d'Ivoire and what a treat it was! Neither of us had visited Marrakech before, but the city and the hotel lived up to high expectations.
The riad is situated in the heart of the medina, so cars cannot get beyond a certain point. Cous-Cous, the donkey, obligingly takes your suitcases through a maze of narrow alleyways to a door within a door, set into a wall. There is no indication that this is a hotel entrance. Inside is a world away from all the hustle and bustle of the busy stalls of the medina. It is a beautiful, calm retreat, tastefully designed by Jill, an interior designer, and also the owner of the riad.
Our bedroom, called the Elephant Room, overlooked a central courtyard. It was large and cool, a welcome respite from the heat of the city outside.
If you've had enough of sightseeing, you can relax by the beautiful pool in the second courtyard. During our stay, I also enjoyed a reflexology treatment and a 'steam clean' in the hotel's hammam!
Every member of staff was helpful and friendly. Jill gave us the benefit of her local knowledge, advising on what to do and see during our stay. One evening, my husband and I got lost on our way back to the riad, following a meal at a local restaurant. Two of the riad's waiters were on their way home on their scooter and saw us. They stopped and took the time to guide us back to the Noir d'Ivoire. That's what I call good service!
We would definitely recommend this lovely hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Noir d'Ivoire is a romantic boutique hotel composed of five suites, three of which have private roof terraces and jacuzzis, two junior suites and two double rooms. Services include bar, Spa with traditional hammam, fully equipped gym, library, restaurant and a heated pool. All suites have fireplaces and all rooms, have air conditioning, heating, mini-bars, hairdryers, wall safes and flat screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Prestigia so you can book your Riad Noir d'Ivoire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Noir d`Ivoire Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Noir d Ivoire Marrakech