It's been a while since I travelled "properly". Having a desk job and enjoying good but predictable Western hotel chains has evidently softened me up. Marrakech was a complete culture shock. The heat was oppressive; it was 40 degrees when we were there and the mercury will be heading for the 50s in July and August. The smells, the hawkers and the mad max moped drivers add to this very alien melting pot.
But, bear with it. My wife and I transitioned from severe culture shock to acceptance to complete enjoyment over the course of our 5 day holiday, greatly facilitated by what is without doubt one of the best hotels we have stayed in.
Noir d'Ivoire gets it right on two key fronts. Firstly, it is stunning. This is an interior design mecca. Resplendent Moroccan cool with the original features of the Riad expertly restored to their full glory, set off by flawless interior design. Real wow factor. Secondly, the staff are excellent. The young manageress was engaging, knowledgable and a great ambassador for her country. Her team were attentive, entertaining and welcoming throughout. A special thank you to Hassan for your suggestions of what to see, when to see them and how to navigate the maze of the Medina. We greatly enjoyed our visit thanks to your expert local knowledge and warm welcome.
To cap it all, we had one of if not the best meals of our trip on the first night at the Riad, cooked by the Riad's resident chef "Mama". Lentil soup and chicken tagine wouldn't be our usual menu choices but Mama delivered subtle spice flavours and perfectly cooked food. We both agreed that she had the edge on Maison MK. It was a magical start to our holiday.
A thank you to all the staff at Noir d'Ivoire. Bravo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Noir d'Ivoire is a romantic boutique hotel composed of five suites, three of which have private roof terraces and jacuzzis, two junior suites and two double rooms. Services include bar, Spa with traditional hammam, fully equipped gym, library, restaurant and a heated pool. All suites have fireplaces and all rooms, have air conditioning, heating, mini-bars, hairdryers, wall safes and flat screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Riad Noir d'Ivoire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Noir d`Ivoire Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Noir d Ivoire Marrakech