My wife and I stayed for 3 nights earlier this month at Riad Noir d'Ivoire at the very end of a 9 day honeymoon through Morocco. We're glad to chose to end our honeymoon at Riad Noir d'Ivoire because it would have been hard to stay anywhere else after our fantastic, magical experience there. A few highlights:
BOOKING: We contacted the Riad through the website and were able to quickly and easily confirm our booking with Rebeca, who was courteous and prompt in her communications. (Other reviewers who had negative experiences must have had email problems on their end.)
SERVICE: The Riad staff took great pains to make us feel at home, from ensuring they were present to greet us upon arrival in the nearby city square, to walking us through the windy street at night, to serving us champagne upon arrival, to leaving flowers on our floor to make us feel like honeymooners, to always being available when we had a question or need. In short, I've never felt more at home anywhere I've stayed and I've traveled significantly.
ACCOMMODATIONS: The Riad is stunning and full of beautiful nooks and crannies begging to be explored and enjoyed. Each room is a masterpiece, decorated with loving care and a careful eye. The recent expansion and addition of a clear covering over the Winter Courtyard has taken the Riad to a whole other level. (Other reviewers who called the Riad "corporate" or "tired" or "lacking in charm" clearly have some sort of personal axe to grind --- the Riad is sumptious and captivating). The heated outdoor pool flanked by a wall of waterfalls in the Summer Courtyard will make you feel like you've been transported to your own personal hideaway.
FOOD: Although there's several terrific restaurants nearby, my wife and I ended up eating several meals at the Riad because of the quality of the food, the warmth of the staff, and the desire to soak up more of the peace and beauty of our surroundings. Every meal was delicious and reflected the best of Moroccan cuisine.
SPA: My wife and I availed ourselves of the on-site hammon (bath) and massage and were extremely pleased. The facilities were spotless and the staff absolutely terrific.
LOCATION: The Riad is located off a winding side alley, almost like a Moroccan speakeasy. My wife and I felt safe during our entire stay and the staff was always available to guide us to/from the Riad when we felt a little extra company was desired. Everything that one would want to see in Old Marrakech was within walking distance from the Riad.
In short, I give Riad Noir d'Invoire my highest recommendation. My wife and I had considered staying at La Momounia and were glad we didn't. We'll be back and look forward to enjoying more of the calm, charm, and considerate service that made our first stay at this retreat magical.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Noir d'Ivoire is a romantic destination composed of five suites, three of which have private roof terraces and jacuzzis, two junior suites and two double rooms. Services include Spa with traditional hammam, Boutique, fully equipped gym, library, restaurant and a heated pool. All suites have fireplaces and all rooms, have air conditioning, heating, mini-bars, hairdryers, wall safes and flat screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Prestigia so you can book your Riad Noir d'Ivoire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Noir d`Ivoire Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Noir d Ivoire Marrakech