Following the great reviews my wife and I chose the Noir d'Ivoire as the location to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary...we were not disappointed.
After being chauffeured from the airport we experienced a short walk through the streets before being given the warmest welcome at the Riad door by Rebeca the general manager. Within seconds we were all enjoying cocktails and chatting as if we had known each other all our lives. The Riad is simply stunning, literally a cliched oasis in the city. The pictures do not do it justice. Following our drinks we were given a guided tour and then shown to our room (er, suite), Guepard. Wow. From the private terrace to the sitting room and massive bed, luxury and comfort clearly rule.
We had arranged to have dinner so we freshened up and had just joined the eight other guests in the courtyard when literally the fuse-box blew-up and we were plunged into candle light. We were greeted at this point by Steve the owner, or 'the Limoncello kid' as we came to know him...(for he loves the stuff) who happened to be visiting. Within moments we were all guided through the streets to a nearby restaurant and hosted through a fantastic and fully complimentary evening of wine, food and traditional entertainment. A fantastic ice-breaker for us all...thank you Steve and the 'Dar Marjana'.
Upon our return to the Riad, all had been restored and we discovered our room was now lit by candles and scattered with rose-petals. A really nice touch.
Through the days that followed we met great new friends, experienced the Hammam, and Souks, and learned that nothing is too much trouble for Rebeca or her wonderful team. A truly special weekend and a special place. We can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Noir d'Ivoire is a romantic destination composed of five suites, three of which have private roof terraces and jacuzzis, two junior suites and two double rooms. Services include Spa with traditional hammam, Boutique, fully equipped gym, library, restaurant and a heated pool. All suites have fireplaces and all rooms, have air conditioning, heating, mini-bars, hairdryers, wall safes and flat screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Riad Noir d'Ivoire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Noir d`Ivoire Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Noir d Ivoire Marrakech