We have been very lucky to stay in some marvellous hotels worldwide, but nothing quite prepared us for our arrival at Noir d'Ivoire. Not many general managers greet their guests personally, put a stiff G&T in their hands (have a cheeky Rose for themselves) and then proceed to give the guests a wildly entertaining run through of the joys of visiting the local area. Rebecca is the consumate hostess, bringing Marrakech immediately to life and offering such practical and useful tips on how to get around ("ugly street" and "pretty street" demarcations are particularly apposite), where to eat and drink, change money and, in my case, have that all important hammam!
The Riad itself is beautifully appointed, with exquisite local furnishings in the rooms and very comfortable day beds and cosy sofas in the guest areas. We were very grateful to be upgraded during our stay to the Chameau room, which is spectacular, not just in terms of size and comfort, but also in decoration - including a number of (tastefully done) camel references!
We ate in on the first night and Mama's dinner was delicious, very authentic and beautifully cooked. She also excelled
herself at breakfast with scrambled eggs and a homemade yoghurt to die for.
Suitably refuelled, we tackled the medina and the souks with gusto, grateful for the excellent advice of Rebecca and her team (all of whom were unfailingly helpful and considerate) and managing not to get too lost (only using the mobile we had been kindly lent by the hotel on a couple of occasions...). Recommendations such as Cafe Arabe, La Sonoma and, especially, Gastro MK, proved very reliable on the food and drink front; while I could see why Hammam de la Rose was suggested for innocent foreigners as a more spa type experience than the slightly terrifying Hamman Zianni where you had to leave your modesty at the door!
Rebecca and all the team, thank you so much for making our stay such a special one. We will always remember it and promise to come back soon. We cannot recommend all of you and your amazing Riad highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Noir d'Ivoire is a romantic destination composed of five suites, three of which have private roof terraces and jacuzzis, two junior suites and two double rooms. Services include Spa with traditional hammam, Boutique, fully equipped gym, library, restaurant and a heated pool. All suites have fireplaces and all rooms, have air conditioning, heating, mini-bars, hairdryers, wall safes and flat screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Riad Noir d'Ivoire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Noir d`Ivoire Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Noir d Ivoire Marrakech