My first time in Marrakech and in five days we wanted it all... Having researched the market we picked Riad Noir d'Ivoire because it was central in the Medina (we wanted to be in the thick of it), I wanted something also both modern and traditional at the same time. The website is good and conveys the hotel and its spirit well.
The Riad did not disappoint, it was all of the above, but what stood out most of all was the quality of the management and staff at the Hotel. Rebeca and Damien could not have done more to arrange everything so it was perfect: trips to the mountains, guides for the Medina, restaurant bookings - nothing was to great or small for them. The staff overall were extremely helpful - to pay them a great compliment would be to say it was like staying at home. Our room (panthere) was really nicely furnished and immaculately kept.
The rooms are luxurious and have good character, balancing the modern with an authentic Marrakech feel. The hotel room missed a few 'mod cons' a this price, such as thermo valves on the showers and ipod players in the rooms, but this does not detract from the overall experience. It does not offer the range of amenities perhaps of a larger Hotel, but it has greater style and charm being a small boutique establishment.
The Hotel is in the heart of the Medina and is handy for shopping , the Souk, the main square, etc. It does not have the gardens that an out of town has, but we had a nice roof terrace with a hot tub with a view across the city rooftops. It does not have gardens like the Mamounia or hotels outside the old town, but for us out for a long weekend in late November, it was ideal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Noir d'Ivoire is a romantic destination composed of five suites, three of which have private roof terraces and jacuzzis, two junior suites and two double rooms. Services include Spa with traditional hammam, Boutique, fully equipped gym, library, restaurant and a heated pool. All suites have fireplaces and all rooms, have air conditioning, heating, mini-bars, hairdryers, wall safes and flat screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Prestigia and Odigeo so you can book your Riad Noir d'Ivoire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Noir d`Ivoire Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Noir d Ivoire Marrakech