“The perfect home form home in Marrakech” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Riad Noir d'Ivoire
Ranked #3 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“The perfect home form home in Marrakech”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

The Riad Noir d'Ivoire is a wonderful haven of peace in a bustling Medina envirnoment. What marks it out - physically - from others, I believe, is the supertasteful interior design, which makes it such a lovely place just to sit and relax.

The physical environment is, however, only the beginning, and the least important thing about the Noir d'Ivoire experience. What makes it unique is the care which the owner - Jill - and her staff put into making your stay special. From the moment of your arrival till the point of your sad departure, it is like joining a new family. I'm sure you don't have to do this if you don't want to, but we valued so much the advice that the team gave us, the restaurant reservations, the travel plans, the conversation, and so on. To come back at the end of the day and spend half an hour with Jill and her lovely daughter Amy discussing one's experiences was, I thought, a great way to ensure that one derived most benefit from them. I'm sure Jill would agree with my self-assessment that I am not an effusive person. Superlatives do not drip from my pen, nor do I go in for hyperbole. So you may take the above as an expression of the highest level of customer satisfaction.

I'm not finished yet, though. One additional attraction which I must mention is the gorgeous Phoebe. Phoebe is a chihuahua who will surely charm anyone with a soul. Dog-lovers will instantly fall for this feisty little thing; it would be hard to imagine non-dog-lovers who could long resist her charm. If they do so, they have no soul.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

This is one of the most amazing hotels we have ever stayed at, we stayed there as a present for my husband for my 40th birthday and cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Jill and Damien were extremley welcoming and attentive without being intrusive and it truely felt like a home from home albeit a beautifully decorated one without the noisy children!. Every detail had been thought of and it is really is a very special oasis in a completely bonkers but fascinating place. Special mention goes to lovely lady who did my facial, the other members of staff who were polite and welcoming. Also to Cous Cous, the beautiful rescue cats and most importantly Head Of PR Phoebe - still trying to conivince my husband every house needs a Chihuahua!.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

We have just spent 5 nights at the Noir d'Ivoire and it was amazing. From the moment we were greeted by Cous Cous the lovely donkey to take our luggage - to the moment we left it was simply fantastic. The Riad is beautiful - a place of utter peace and tranquillity - in complete contrast to the wonderful hustle and bustle of true Marrakech right outside the riad door
Our first room was the lovely Zebre Suite which had a bath so large you could swim in it - a wonderful private rooftop terrace with jacuzzi where we enjoyed a lovely champagne birthday breakfast.
Our second room (Camel themed) was also amazing with a terrace looking into the internal courtyard and beautiful ornamental pool of the riad.
Jill and Damien made our stay so easy and the level of personal service provided is outstanding and something we have not experienced anywhere else. It was also lovely to meet Jill's daughter Amy and we enjoyed a fabulous hot air balloon ride with her. We met the lovely Phoebe Jill's chihuahua and the riad cats ! Everything we requested was arranged perfectly for us and they also offered other suggestions which were greatly appreciated.
My boyfriend received lovely birthday suprises including champagne to start the day and being sung happy birthday to by lovely members of staff (spared my dreadful singing as a result) - flower petals and candles in our suite when we returned from our evening out - a lovely touch - Marrakech is a great place and our visit was brilliant thanks to the wonderful Noir d'Ivoire and their lovely staff - a huge thank you and we cannot wait to return !!!! Paul and Caroline - Bournemouth.

Room Tip: all beautiful rooms.
2 Thank caroline m
hull uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

The mrs booked a surprise weekend at Noir d'Ivoire for my birthday . Got to say the hotel and staff were fantastic . The level of detail these guys go to to make sure you're well looked after is unbelievable . They give you a mobile phone when you arrive so that if you get lost or encounter any difficulty , they are ready to help you . The hotel itself is really clean and the food was excellent to . They organised pick ups from the airport and also transfers back again .
When I realised I had left my Marrakech lucky charm in the hotel after we had checked out ,I phoned them to tell them I had left it behind . A few days later it arrived back home in the UK with a note saying no problem . Thanks to Jill and Damien .

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ali166
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Riad Noir D'Ivoire for a long weekend to celebrate his birthday. I read the glowing reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to book this as a special surprise. We were not disappointed. The riad is very elegant, peaceful and relaxing. Our room, the Zebre suite, was lovely and we particularly enjoyed the jacuzzi on our own private roof top terrace. We ate at the riad on our first night and enjoyed our own candlelit bower by the side of the pool, very romantic, good food and impeccable service. Breakfasts were delicious and the staff very helpful and polite. Damien was invaluable for his guidance and directions, without him we would have had a job navigating the souk. We were glad to escape the mayhem and return to the beautiful surroundings of the Riad. A very special, romantic escape and highly recommended. Irena and Mark Riggott, October 2011.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the master suites as it was a special occasion but I think that all of the rooms...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

My wife and I have traveled for many years and have never, never stayed at a place like this Riad. I don't want to repeat all the accolades this place has received thus far but just say that everything written about them is still not good enough !!! Jill and her daughter Amy are absolute sweethearts and it is unbelievable not only how nice they are but how Jill has been able to design and build such a beautiful Riad, hire wonderful people (Damien, Nabel, etc.) and make each and every visitor feels as if it is their "home away from home". My wife and I would never imagine saying that we would return to a place/city/country because of a particular Riad or Hotel but in this case, it is quite possible to think about returning. Sounds crazy but once you visit this Riad, you will find that this thought of a revisit will cross your mind as it has with many others including ourselves !!! I especially like and fully agree with what one viewer said about this place in that it is "#!$*#@!" fabulous.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful just depend on how much you want to spend.
2 Thank reluctant33
Chorley, Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

It has all been said before and it really is true. Jill, Amy and Damien strive to deliver a level of tranquility, comfort and service we think is unparalleled.

We have been lucky enough to stay in some of the worlds great hotels and whilst most are indeed fabulous, none have come close to offering this level of service. The ambience is nigh on perfect and Jill and Damien take it upon themselves to ensure everyone has a bespoke experience and an opportunity to experience "real" Morrocco if so desired.

The in-house hammam. restaurant and excursion recommendations were all spot on and we went home with reluctance but extremely relaxed.

Thanks guys for a wonderful experience - you really do show others how it should be done!

• 4 of 5 bubbles