Firstly The Riad - From the moment we were collected at the Airport by Mohammed (arranged by the Riad) we knew we were in safe hands. Staff from the Riad met us in the small market near to the Riad and carried our bags whilst we took in the atmosphere.
Jill and Damien greeted us warmly in Reception - we were blown away with the Riad - In one word PARADISE. It never failed to impress us for the 5 days that we were there. The staff worked tirelessly to meet your needs and ensure that your stay is one of the best you will experience.
THE ROOMS - We stayed in the Zebra Room with its own private Terrace with Jacuzzi. If you can stretch to this extravagance then its well worth it. The Riad is furnished to a high standard and ALL the staff work so hard to maintain the high standards.
STAFF - Jill and Damien are wonderful hosts - so knowledgeable, personable and will go to great lengths to ensure your stay with them is perfect.
We met most of the staff whilst we were there and although we didnt get to know all their names they treated us with so much respect and went out of their way to help and assist us. Ali and Aziz stood out for us - so lovely and to all the staff we thank you all for your service and for making us feel so safe. The staff will guide you to any destination into town - bank, Souks, The square etc. We especially appreciated this after a late night out a restaurant.
Health Treatments - Plenty available by highly trained staff at the Riad and we both had exhilarating Hammams, massage and reflexology - totally chilled us out for the day!
Marrakech - makes all your senses come alive - its fun, busy, colourful, mopeds, bikes everywhere!!! Just get ready to be nimble on your feet! We never felt pressurised by shop owners - yes they will ask you to come into their shops but if you dont want to you just walk on by. Traffic is crazy and there doesnt seem to be any rules but you quickly realise that you just need to be more vigilant and you will be fine.
FOOD - There are some lovely traditional restaurants and Damien and Jill will give you lots of recommendations. We tasted many a good Tagine meal.
The Riad's breakfasts were plentiful and kept us going all day. Latifah (cook) will make you a lovely evening meal and the food was always beautifully presented - and they were reasonably priced.
One of our best experiences was a day trip to the Atlas Mountains which was arranged by Jill and Damien. We were met by the local guide - Latifah who lived in the Berber village. She was knowledgable and a wonderful guide. She took us to see the locals who showed us how they made a living - Tagine maker - Saf even made a tagine! We met a lovely family who willingly cooked us some traditional bread and provided us with tea. They also offered to paint my hands with Henna - beautiful. Very humble people who made us feel so welcome.
I could go on and on and on!! We will be returning next year without a doubt - we feel Marrakech holds a special place in our hearts and EVERYONE at the Riad Noir D'Ivorie made this holiday so special for us.
Thank you so much
Johanna and Saf - Manchester UK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Noir d'Ivoire is a romantic boutique hotel composed of five suites, three of which have private roof terraces and jacuzzis, two junior suites and two double rooms. Services include bar, Spa with traditional hammam, fully equipped gym, library, restaurant and a heated pool. All suites have fireplaces and all rooms, have air conditioning, heating, mini-bars, hairdryers, wall safes and flat screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Prestigia so you can book your Riad Noir d'Ivoire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Noir d`Ivoire Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Noir d Ivoire Marrakech