“So happy to have found this Hotel!”
Review of Toulousain Hotel

Toulousain Hotel
Ranked #396 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I usually stay in one particular Hotel near the Djeema el Fna for my first night in Morocco, but over time have become disillusioned with it.

I am SO happy that I have discovered the Hotel Toulousain (thank you Lonely Planet Guide)!! It's on the airport bus route, is only a 12 minute walk from the train station, about 15 minute walk from CTM and Supratour Bus Stations.

I'm a solo traveller andI found all staff members I had contact with very, very helpful and nothing was too much trouble and they all made me feel very welcome. I stayed there 3 times during my trip and all my 3 rooms were comfortable and a good price (140MAD/£11.20 approx for shared facilities & 220MAD/£17.60 with own facilities) including breakfast (baguette, butter, jam, croissant/pain au choc, juice and hot drink) Choice of two lovely courtyards to eat breakfast. A bonus for me was the Literary Cafe next door. Great place to sit and read books left/donated by other travellers (or buy one very cheaply) and have access to free wi-fi

Quiet location and only one street behind the busy streets. In one of my rooms I experienced some sound travelling from the club behind, but a pair of ear plugs soon sorted that out! The Solaris Restaurant on the main road is a very hand place offering lovely food.

The Hotel Toulousain will now be my preferred hotel on arriving in Marrakech. There's a luggage room available which is great for those times when you don't want to cart all your stuff around with you!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SoozeHB

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Very basic hotel, but away from the maddening crowds.. a blissful place to reflect in.. The staff are above and beyond in hospitality and will bend over backwards to accommodate you.. You can store your luggage securely and travel to come back to find all is in good order.. secure,serene... and money well spent.. I have stayed there on and off over 7 years.. and will continue to do so.. it is home away from home...

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura A
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I spent a few days at Hotel Toulousain, made to feel very welcome, comfortable room, incredible breakfasts & easy to get around!

Having spent numerous trips staying in the medina area, I'm glad I found Hotel Toulousain - in the ville nouvelle, no touts nearby and a wonderful courtyard with wifi access!

I will be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2011

The initial impression of the room wasn't great, to be honest. But the place was clean enough, comfortable enough, accessible enough... breakfast was nice though! And all the staff I encountered were very friendly and happy to help, especially the lady at reception.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We had room 25 - it was on the 1st floor and we paid 200 dirhams so it was one of the cheapie options. The bathroom was a walk down the hall. We weren't given towels, not sure if this was an oversight or extra, had our own ones anyhow. In retrospect, I definitely wished we had paid extra and got something downstairs, or at least a fan as the sun shone straight in through the window making it boiling by late afternoon! Shower was ok although drainage slow. Glad to find I could actually use my hairdryer in the power sockets. However the courtyard provided a lovely relaxing place to sit and read downstairs - excellent if you are waiting for your ride to the airport etc. Breakfast as others have mentioned was very good for the price and they do a nice coffee. Also very convenient for the Cafe du Livre next door - a nice place to hang out, read a book over a cocktail, wine or beer & listen to music. All in all a perfect cheap one night stopover place.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the ground floor if you want a shadier spot or en suite. First floor rooms 23-25 es...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2011

For this price, you can't ask for more. We just needed a roof and a bed for an overnight stay. But I have to say I expected the washroom (we asked for a room with private washroom) in a little better shape. The bed and overall the room is clean however. The pleasant surprise is the breakfast which was really delicious. Overall I am satisfied for the cost I paid.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed in this hotel twice. The first time was ok, we had a room with fan (the rooms with fan are 280 dh. and without 200, but it's really worth it!!) It was a nice room, downstairs with a nice clean bathroom with toilet.It was room number 1.

The second time we had room number 17. upstairs and it was dirty and we had bugs in our bed! It was not nice like the first time. there was no fan and since the room was upstairs it was extreemly hot! We didn't sleep a lot and woke up alle the time because of the heat and people comming back in the middle of the night.
The bathroom was old and the water in the shower did not run away well. There was no toilet in the room, but outside the room.

The breakfast was nice with bread, marmalade and yoghurt.

Room Tip: don't take room 17!! Room 1 is ok!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Boemien, Public Relations Manager at Toulousain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Sorry you had a not so good experience at room number 17. I wish you had told us while you were here, we would have changed the room for you or do something to make your stay more enjoyable. The fan for example, you could have rented a fan at the reception for 30 dirhams more (3 euros). Regarding the bugs, we found out about them on August 21st (date of your review) and we did not find any bugs in the room. Nevertheless, we treated the room just to be safe! We are always praised for clean rooms, so I do not know where the bugs came from? Maybe a customer had them travel in his backpack from the mountains. Or they were just passing by :) In any case, the hotel is bug free! And please remember to signal anything you do not like to the receptionist so it can be fixed in a timely fashion. We hope to see you again in our hotel.