“Beautiful and great service”
Review of Riad Khabia

Riad Khabia
Ranked #270 of 1,167 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in April, and really enjoyed ourselves. When we arrived they upgraded us just because they could :) It was a gorgeous hotel with a lovely roof terrace, and great views over the Atlas mountains. The service was excellent and very friendly. He gave us tips on places to eat, and trust me he was right!
Its located right outside of the Medina, so only 10 minute walk to the square, with lovely little alley ways laced with shops, and cafes to the main square. Also a very calming and quiet atmosphere which was great for a good night sleep.
Up a short alley way which is hard to find when you first arrive, and you may get shown, but they will want money in return. We gave 25 dirham to get rid of him, but you don't have to give anything as they are not real tour guides, but it may easier to! After that initial irritation, it was very easy to find!
Highly recommended if you want a little quiet getaway in a buzzing city! :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joy M

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Really great place, Julian was extremely helpful on arrival and the Riad was reasonably priced and in a beautiful and tranquil setting. Our room was clean and well maintained. I would recommend this to anybody.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

After two days in the desert we could not have asked for a more comfortable and welcoming place to stay! Julian and Dany were excellent hosts and welcomed us with tea and open arms. Julian informed us of all the sights worth seeing in Marrakech and some of his favorite local spots. Our room was absolutely perfect and was always kept very clean. The hostel is located on a quiet street just a few minutes walk to the main square. It is not far at all (as the map may show) I loved staying in this quiet neighborhood and in such a beautiful and well kept Riad. It was the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle. I would definitely stay here again & highly recommend it!
Thank you Julian and Dany for a wonderful experience.
Jenna & Marc, Barcelona

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My partner and I went to Morocco for the first time having booked initially 2 nights at the riad and leavin the remaining 4 up in the air. I was picked up at the airport and the convenience of their airport pickup is not only affordable but extremely convenient as it delivers you straight to the riad. It is near impossible to find the riad in your first time without knowing where to go. So I highly recommend the airport transfer through the riad.

We were greeted by Julien and his amazing hospitality was second to none. His knowledge of Marrakech is superb and we felt extremely comfortable at the riad. Julian and Dany made our stay extremely comfortable and welcoming. Their dedication to their guests are 6*- somewhere you would EXPECT 6 star service.

The rooms were clean and spacious. The amenities were perfect, just the right amount for the trip. We spent the remaining nights in marrakech at this riad- brilliant and thanks!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am a touch late writing this review, as boyfriend and I stayed at Riad Khabia was just over a year ago. However, my ongoing fond memories of our stay compelled me to post this review.
On the map, this Riad may look a bit off of the beaten path, but it is just a short walk to the Main Square.

The Riad Khabia provides clean, spacious, beautifully decorated rooms. Beyond the pleasant accommodations, I must admit the most treasured perk of this Riad are it’s wonderful owners.

During our stay, Julien made every effort to ensure we had a relaxed, full and seamless trip. Upon arrival, he gave us a quick overview of the area and sights. He provided and edited “must-see” sights list and gave us a personalized tour of parts of the Souk and Main Square. On the way to the square, he provided the best negotiation tip a tourist shopper could hope for, a base line price for common items, such as Tagines, Leather bags etc. He recommended varied restaurants, from high-end prix-fix dining to “hole-in-the-wall” favorites. In addition to helpful hints, Julien and his mother were amazingly accommodating to our travelers schedule with early morning wake-up calls, flexible breakfast times and any logistical storing our suitcases during our overnight trip to the desert and assisting with and/or completely booking tours and bus trips.

We very much enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this Riad with confidence.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Very pleasant stay. Both Dany and Julien made us very welcome. Julien especially has a great knowledge of the city and carefully recommended us various places to visit including bars, resteraunts and places of special interest. His advice is indispensable on everything from prices to pay to the best way of dealing with a new situation. We stayed in the schezerade suite which is stunning - the bathroom is very nice and the 7ft wide bed a real treat. The entire place is stunning and kept meticulously clean and tidy with real attention to detail paid. Our room was cleaned and tidied daily and our towels refreshed. Both Julien and Danny were very attentive and there to fulfill any needs we had almost before we realised we had them ( cushions and towels for the loungers etc ). Location wise ten minutes walk from Jma el Fna square and two mins from the small square with several resteraunts and the trendy Kosybar. We would recommend to anybody. Not only a stunning and opulent place but the safe wide and quiet street its situated on is stand out compared to some Riads that are accessed from dirtier smaller streets in the medina. First class! Rob and Emily, 30, Sheffield, England

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed October 24, 2012

A work colleague recommended Riad Khabia after she stayed there a couple of years back. Having seen many on the internet and being unable to make a decision as I was paralysed by the choice I went with this particular Riad. I was not disappointed. All pre-stay correspondence was replied to promptly. They organised the transfer service (15 euros one way) to and from the airport which was fantastic. Julien and Dani were the fantastic staff at the Riad. I appreciated the personal 'orientation' tour in and around the old city - Julien was always more than obliging to answer my many questions about where to shop, how to haggle and generally about Morocco. I haven't really stayed in many hotels but I was more than impressed by how my room was furnished and cleaned daily. Highlights of the room were the air-conditioning and the private terrace at the end of room. I used the plunge pool almost daily to cool down after a day or morning wandering around the medina. The breakfasts were filling and the mint tea on demand was calming and relaxing. I thank and highly recommend Riad Khabia and the owners Dani and Julien.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo