“Best service we ever had !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Khabia

Riad Khabia
Ranked #191 of 1,177 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Munich, Germany
“Best service we ever had !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

We can only agree to all the other fantastic reviews: beautiful room, absolutely clean, great location, very tasteful decorations...

But here are the things that stuck out for us:

The service that Dani and Julien offer is the best we ever experienced. No 5* hotel can keep up with this. Any question was answered and we couldn't express any wish since they were fulfilled without asking. They arranged for excursions and reservations at any time of the day. The mint tea - also any time of the day - is great, especially since we were travelling in January and the temperature dropped about 15°C when the sun was gone. That was one of our worries before travelling, that the room was too cold. But they had little heaters in the room and turned them on before we came back from our outings so that the room was very cosy and warm. And the room was so clean. Anything we had lying around was put away or arranged, so harmony was back in our room. It was like coming home, and that is what you need after the crazy - and wonderful - days in Marrakech.

One of the reasons we chose Riad Khabia was the view on the terrace. It is magnificient. The Atlas mountains seem so close and you overlook all roofs of Marrakech. On the other side you have the Koutoubia mosque, which is beatifully lit at night.

Our tips:
Eat in the Riad. Dani is the most wonderful cook and she combines maroccan cooking with here own ideas - simply delicious. We only regret of not having eaten more often "at home".
Take the cooking course that they can arrange for you. It is a wonderful experience not only for cooking but also for getting to know the berber traditions and life styles.

Thank you for making our vacation a dream.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

My brother and I recently returned to Riad Khabia for our second stay. Everything is clean, orderly and otherwise comfortable. Julien and his mother provide a great example of all-inclusive, professional hospitality, from comprehensive information on Marrakech and surroundings to delicious mint tea and a genuinely tranquil atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

My family and I had a wonderful time when we stayed in Riad Khabia in December. As soon as we arrived Julien prepared a pot of mint tea and gave us a great overview of the city. He even walked us from the Riad to the main square, providing suggestions on where to eat and answering our numerous questions.

On our second day in Marrakech we had a scheduled cooking class and had asked Julien for directions. Much to our surprise instead of simply providing an idea of how to find this class he personally walked us all there. It was a good 20-30 minutes from the Riad and exemplifies the level of service above and beyond what we expected. We were daily amazed and appreciative of the kindness shown to our kids from finding videos they would enjoy watching to enduring endless Harry Potter trivia questions. None of us wanted to leave.

The room (Yakout Suite) was perfect for a family of 4 - very clean, nicely decorated and quiet.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

By far the nicest hotel owners I've ever encountered, this was the finest place I've ever stayed in. Faultless rooms, service, and the amount of advice and information from Julien was brilliant - I would have happily stayed there permanently. You won't regret staying here for a second, it was the place I enjoyed most in all of Morocco

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I chose the Riad Khabia as an alternative to one of the larger conference hotels on the outskirts of town. This I can only recommend: While a lot of my colleagues only got to see the conference centre and the hotel complex outside town, I got to experience the "real" Marrakech with great help from Dany and Julien.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Riad khabia is in a great location, has a beautiful atmosphere, and is perfectly clean. However, the best part about this riad is the exceptional service. Dany and Julien go above and beyond every day to ensure your stay is perfect. We could not have been happier with our choice of road khabia.

• Stayed July 2011
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

The Riad Khabia is by far one of the (if not the) most beautiful places I have ever stayed - a true sanctuary in the midst of the bustling city. From the moment I stepped inside I knew I had booked the best decision. The Riad is amazingly gorgeous and I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s certainly not what you expect to be behind those doors: an open air courtyard, pool, roof with a view, authentic accents throughout…and the room – believe me when I say I didn’t even want to go out! Large, clean and beautifully Moroccan-inspired, I still miss it every day.

And without Julien and Dany I don’t know what we would have done. They are the most hospitable and gracias hosts and I couldn’t/can’t thank them enough for taking the time (again and again) to chat with us about customs, culture and everything else that was so foreign us. The orientation that Julien gives (an overview, walk to the square, etc) is necessary and we would have been so lost without him.

Lest I mention that Dany makes a delicious breakfast every morning – such a treat. Not only is she a great person, but cook as well :)

This will always be the place I stay (and recommend to everyone, always) in Marrakech. The Riad Khabia is a true gem and by not staying there you’re doing yourself a huge disservice!

Room Tip: The Scheherazastayed Suite is gorgeous!