All reviewssidi ben slimanelow doortaxi standroof terracenarrow streetshidden awaysmall poolrelaxing massagebreakfast is servedthe main squarepancakestranquil oasisplunge poolrose petalscall to prayerairport transferan excursion
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I had a great stay at this riad. The riad is beautyful and the rooms are big with nice interior. I will definetly recomend this riad.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this riad in August 2011 for 7 days and it was truly one of the most relaxing holidays we have been on.

Our first night was actually a bit of a disaster (nothing to do with the riad). We arrived at the airport and found our transfer bus. It turned out we were the only 2 people staying at our riad so there was a little confusion as to what driver was taking who. We got our transfer bus eventually with one other couple who were going to another riad nearby. All was well until we got to our riad and as the driver handed us our suitcases we realised the couple who has been dropped off at their riad before us had accidentally been given my boyfriends suitcase and we had one of theirs!

We arrived at the Riad (we paid a 10 bob to a wee boy who took us directly to the riad door as there was absolutely no chance we would have found it ourselves and the driver didn't seem botherd about A) losing our suitcase or B) taking us to the actual riad!). I was stressing at this point as we had no idea what we were going to about the suitcase (thank goodness it was my boyfriends and not mine) but when we arrived I relaxed immediately.

We were reassured that the riad would sort out the confusion (which they did the next day by contacting the transfer service), we were given a delicious pot of their homemade mint tea and relaxed by the beautifully lit poolside as our rooms were prepared.

The staff were absolutely wonderful the whole week, the room we were allocated was tiny but they had absolutely no problem with changing it and we were given another beautiful room that has our own personal staircase that lead up to it. Everyone was so pleasant, always a warm smile whenever we saw any of the staff and we were both made to feel completely at home. The rooms were immaculately cleaned every morning, fresh towels/soap/shampoo.

The breakfast was amazing. Fresh bread, fruit, fruit juice, an array of jams, egg, coffee, pancakes. All of it was delicious. We ate it all (and there was a lot!!). we did find out on our last day though (unfortunately) that any leftovers goes to the children on the streets which i found very heartwarming :)

My boyfriend and I had a candle lit dinner one evening on the rooftop. We had a beautifully cooked starter, main and dessert for a fine price, however we much preferred going and eating at the markets in the evening.

We went during ramadan so it was quite difficult to find food during the day however the benefit was in the evening the city came alive. The souks were packed, food selling everywhere, fresh orange juice stalls (although be prepared to make them squeeze the oranges in front of you as they try to give you pre-prepared watered down stuff), everyone seemed to be on an unimaginable high. It was such an experience.

Overall we had an amazing holiday. The riad was the perfect place to end our jam packed days and gave us the best holiday ever and we couldn't recommend it more. Definitely stay at this riad, you will definitely not regret it!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Siobhan M
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Al Jazira is a little paradise, beautiful, quite, clean, very friendly staff, great breakfast... We felt immediatly at ease. Try the hammam if you don't mind losing some skin, it's lovely. This Riad is the perfect place to enjoy the beauty of Marrakech.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 29, 2012

You would never find this place if you wandered around but duck down an alleyway and pop through a small wooden door and a calm oasis of style and elegance awaits you. The staff are lovely and very helpful, the place is really stylishly decorated and you are made welcome as soon as you arrive.

I can't recommend this Riad more highly and their own website doesn't do them any justice. Five stars!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I was traveling to Marrakesh for a business trip and a few co-workers of mine decided to go a few days early. The Riad was very cozy and inviting. The staff was very plesant and welcoming.The rooftop has a nice view of the city and amazingly it was very quiet. A good place to relax and watch the sunset over this ancient city. A warning the Riad is really hard to find, and we finally did figure it out by the last night. There are no street signs and the Riad is down this tunnel sort of walkway (it's a little strange at first). It's far from the Jamma El Fna Square, but you can easily walk to it in about 15 minutes. I think if I go back I would stay closer to the square where there is a little more action, however if you are looking to be out of the tourist areas this is your place!

Room Tip: I would ask to stay on the second floor. The rooms face an open area and everyone can hear everything.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business