Tripadvisor
Marrakech
3,264 results
All reviews jacuzzi room cocktail making fountain bar the guest services manager couples hotel entertainment guy quiet pool artisan centre main pool moroccan night plenty of sunbeds themed nights welcome meeting evening entertainment great holiday buffet restaurant pool party
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The length of good reviews for this hotel was enormous, I had actually booked another hotel to begin with but after reading reviews I changed the hotel booking to TUI blue medina gardens. I am incredibly disappointed. This hotel is definitely overrated. I had read reviews of a lovely arrival drink, biscuits and warm towels. We arrived to stone cold towels, an incredibly bitter water, and we didn’t get near any biscuits as everyone was hearded like a bunch of cattle. There is a strong feel of a school trip from the moment you arrive. We were pleased to finally be in our room.
On reflection I would pack my own hairdryer as I battled with the one provided. The iron was horrendous, it left water stains and white flecks on the clothes.
Reception staff were most definitely not “warm and welcoming”, I’d say stand offish would be a better description.
Whilst the hotel does put on a spread for guests who are half board or all inclusive, it doesn’t quite meet the rave reviews. We have found ourselves wondering who on earth has been leaving such astounding reviews as it does not match with our visit.

1  Thank S2992
rarifi, Responsable relations clients at Tui Blue Medina Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear S2992,

You admitted yourself that the length of the good reviews was ENORMOUS. It doesn't come from nothing and we think we deserve it. Since we reopened this is the only one bad review with this rate! and it wasn't even based on real facts and this can only prove that it doesn't reflect the reality. In fact, you ignored and didn't mention neither the quality of the food nor the cleanliness of the rooms, the hotel staff (friendliness), the ambiance...etc. Regarding the issue you had with the phone or the iron, we could simply changed it for you if you only informed us.
In addition, it seems that you are used to put bad reviews on all the hotels you have been.
In summary, you don't represent the majority of our satisfied guests.
Perfection doesn't exist and we hear and take into consideration all our guests suggestions in order to improve ourselves. However, in yours we don't see any suggestion.

Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were supposed to go another destination but due to finding out I was pregnant we couldn't travel there due to the Zika Virus so swapped to this hotel instead and we are so happy with the choice.

We arrived 4 days ago and still have a few days left. We are vloggers and spend time reviewing hotels especially the bathrooms and whether it is a good space for couples to share time together.

Check in
I can honestly say from the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. The lobby area is beautiful and they have checking in down to approx 10 minutes. I have been to many hotels abroad where you are waiting for over 30 mins to get checked in.

The room!
We were celebrating our anniversary and the hotel left us a couple of bottles of wine and a note wishing us a lovely stay which was a nice gesture. Another lovely touch is there are a couple of tasty macaroons in the room on arrival. (Shame it's not every day lol)
Now we upgraded to a swim-up suite as it guaranteed us a ground floor plus lots of extra space.
Is it worth it? I'd say in the summer months yes it definately is, and we are still glad we upgraded. However in the current weather the pool is far too cold to even get into. It is a real shame they did not make this a heated pool. For the extra you pay it would have been a small touch.
You do however get lots of storage (it would appear the basic rooms don't but I can not confirm this). There is a lovely lounge area separate from the bedroom. It also has your own outside space with table and chairs plus 2 sun loungers. They are situated near the heated pool area. You don't feel so far out of the way that your not part of the hotel but far enough to be fairly peaceful.

There is what looks like a double suite on the end of the block (room 3014). I hope to get a sneak peek before we leave ha ha ha!

The decor of the rooms are beautiful with high quality furnishings such as plush soft sofa/cushions.

The bed is huge, mattress is firm (room 3010) but i find it comfortable. Everyone is different on beds.

The toilet is separate from the bathroom as the room has a fairly open plan feel to it. I like this as if I am in the shower I really don't want my partner sitting on the loo (lol). The shower is amazing, it has a rain shower head plus an extra smaller shower head. It is plenty big enough for a couple to share a shower together which we have reviewed on our channel.

The mini bar consists of fanta, Pepsi and bottled water. Which was fine for us as I wasn't drinking anyway. I would have like a choice of tonic water as I don't like sweet carbonated drinks.

The food!
OMG what can I say. There is something for Everyone, meat eaters, veggie and vegans would find it difficult not to find something to eat. My partner can be quite fussy about his meat and how it is cooked but he has managed to find something different everyday. On that note, there are a few things which are consistent daily but generally the choices change daily and the variety is huge. They only seem to put out small amounts at a time which is replenished regularly. I don't normally eat much but have found I am eating so much ha ha I am eating for 2.

The grounds
They are beautiful, it's not quite their blossoming season but there are lots of different plants. There is herbs and fruit and veggies. I saw one of the chefs wandering around the gardens collecting fresh herbs in preparation for evening meal.

Entertainment
I can't comment I'm affraid as we tended to go back to the room just after 21.00 as I was tired and wanted to just relax on a comfy sofa and watch a film.

Staff
We truly can not fault them, every single one goes out of their way to help you. The ones who have served us remember how I like my tonic water and have made sure I have plenty. Our breakfast and lunch time server Zahira is beautiful and so attentive. She is always on the go.

Sky Bar
It's not open yet, it's very naughty of TUI to advertise it as being open from November 2019. It is (will be) situated above the swimup pool block. The views will be lovely when it's open I'm sure but as yet it does not look to be finished in the next month. It will probably be open in time for the summer season.

Animals
There are a couple of resident cats and quite a few tortoises. One mummy has baby tortoises. We counted 12 but there could be more as they are so well hidden.
All the animals are well cared for, the tortoises has fresh food and water everyday. The cats are taken the the vets for check ups and vaccines.
Overall
The standard of service is excellent, the hotel is calm and relaxing (apart from the odd person who seems to think adult only hotel means 18-30s get drunk and be roudy kind of hotel, it's not!) Most people are couple here to enjoy a peaceful relaxing time.
The staff are amazing, we have seen nor heard no issues with management.
There are few areas (decor) which are a little rough round the edges but they are still upgrading some parts of the hotel. Considering this it has not impacted on the quality of the stay.
We highly recommend this hotel for couples who want to relax, it is excellent value for money. We would definately come back during slightly warmer weather (as I'm pregnant I'm glad of the cooler weather right now) but this could be a while before little one is grown lol unless we can get a baby sitter ha ha.

Do not let the bad reviews put you off!

We will be posting a video of the hotel and facilities/our experience once our holiday has ended. Take a look at Andy Hornby photography for the video after 28th January.

4  Thank mantytodd
elm-m21, Responsable relations clients at Tui Blue Medina Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello mantytodd,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and thank you for recommending our hotel.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your holiday with us.

We can't wait to watch your vlog.

Thank you for choosing TUI Blue Medina Gardens.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have recently enjoyed a week's stay at the TUI Blue Medina Gardens. From the moment we arrived, after a 15 minute transfer, we have been impressed with all aspects of the hotel. As others have said, the location is excellent, enabling you to wander out to see the sights and immerse yourself in the chaos of the souks and return to the calm and friendly hotel.
Our room, overlooking the pool and Koutoubia Mosque, was clean, tidy with an excellent shower but would have benefited from more storage space. However, this is one of the best views we have had and it was worth upgrading to a pool view.
The food, in the buffet and speciality restaurants was of a high quality, tasty and beautifully presented. It was great to see many Moroccan dishes. The wines were very drinkable and sourced from Morocco. The waiting staff were very attentive at keeping your glass topped up. I enjoyed the live music played during evening meals.
The evening entertainment varied in quality although this is a subjective view as the bar area was very popular. The hotel would
benefit from a quiet, cosy bar in the winter months when it was too cold to sit outside.
The staff can make your holiday and every member of staff went out of their way to ensure that we
enjoyed every minute of our stay.
The TUI reps, Hayden and Rosa were lovely.
The grounds were peaceful and had ample, cushioned sunbeds.
I can recommend this hotel without hesitation.

3  Thank Ann058

Hello Ann058,

Thank you for your review and thank you for recommending Tui Blue Medina Gardens. We also want to thank you for your suggestions, we will take them into consideration.

We are delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A fantastic hotel! One of the best we've ever stayed in. Modern, clean, well appointed rooms, slippers and bathrobes provided which is a lovely touch.
The staff go above and beyond to make sure your stay is a happy and relaxed one. The food is amazing. (Diet when we get home) lots of variation and lots of choice every single day.
Location is perfect for sightseeing with the souks virtually on your doorstep, we lost ourselves "literally" most days wandering in and out of the markets and narrow streets rammed full of small shops selling all manner of things, we never once felt threatened, pressured or hassled.
The hotel entertainment was good (apart from the music bingo - why? and the quiz which was painfully poor at best, very disorganised, 15 questions mainly on TV and the young royals and in general more suited to an 18-30's holiday crowd, we love a quiz but it was a let down. Apart from that we enjoyed all the other entertainment, some great singers and dancers.
We will be back here again without a doubt. A huge thanks to all the staff and management.

2  Thank katemI3574RX

Hello katemI3574RX,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are happy to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed your break.

Thank you for choosing TUI Blue Medina Gardens.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It's the first time my partner and I had left the kids for a week and experienced our first adults only hotel. I've got to say, we loved it! As soon as we arrived, we were made to feel very welcome. Everything is so well organised.
The food which is buffet style was lovely. There's a good range, even for veggies and vegans with all the food labelled.
The hotel does hold activities during the day, but it's very relaxed and there's no rep in your face pushing you to take part.
The hotel had entertainment each night, it varies and we enjoyed all if it.
The staff are all lovely and helpful. Hayden, our TUI rep was great and very helpful. We even had a farewell from staff as we were departing and given a bottle of water for our journey back.
The only advice I would give anyone looking to do excursions is not to do it through TUI, it is so expensive and not worth what you pay. There are loads of excursion companies in Marrakech. We used Click Excursions through trip adviser which are a fraction if the price and even better than the TUI trips on offer.

2  Thank christinecunning2017