“Excellent Service”

Ranked #31 of 924 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: %%%Closed for august ANNUAL LEAVE%%% A casual, traditional Moroccan restaurant that serves lunch, dinner and coffee, with a good view of the souk and the Jemaa El Fnaa square. Hours are from noon to midnight, all days of the week.%%%Closed for august ANNUAL LEAVE%%%
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I visited this place with my wife and 3 children in early August

We dropped the restaurant a phone call once we arrived into the square. We followed the map towards the pharmacy and at that point I got a little lost, although just 30 metres away was the restaurant.

When I phoned the restaurant, a lovely gentleman took the call and I managed to see him on the rooftop waving at me at a distant. Once we arrived and went up those steep red steps, we were told the restaurant was full. However, they accommodated us and got us some seats in an open area on the rooftop terrace, until a table was available. We were greeted with complimentary tea and biscuits whilst we were waiting.

Once we got the table, all I can say is the service was absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately they had ran out of the famous Harisa soup so we went for the Lamb with Prunes Tagine, Chicken Tagine with Olives, and the Kofta Tagine. All three tasted superb although my favourite was the Lamb with prunes

The view from the terrace was amazing at night and you could see all around.

At the end of the meal we were also offered complimentary tea.

It was well worth searching for this restaurant as the food was great and the service was second to none.

3  Thank ShabirPatel

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Chez ZaZa was one of my favourite experiences in Morocco. This small rooftop, family run restaurant was delicious. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. The food was outstanding and very reasonably priced, Had I discovered this place sooner I would have wanted to eat here every night. I highly recommend this restaurant,

2  Thank 1990Mairead
Reviewed August 9, 2014

It's a small restaurant with a good open air terrace near El Fna square. I went there around 7pm to watch the sunset and have a small dinner. The place is clean and the wind in the terrace is a good refresher at the summer. The menu have moroccan traditional dishes (like couscous, tajine and so) and the prices are a little higher when compared to other small-simple restaurants. I had the Briwat (55 dh, 5 pieces) wich tasted really good and a tea (10 dh). The place was empty and the young guys who works there, despite not knowing how to speak english, joined me at the terrace and made a nice effort to keep a conversation with me.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We've found this wonderful restaurant through TripAdvisor. You will enter a very small stair to pass the kitchen where ZaZa is cooking one more stairs up there is a terrace with a perfect view. During our stay (6 days) we've eaten here twice. Recommended dishes are the Mozzarella Salad (entree), Tajine Mech Mech (lamb with abricots) and Tajine Bokrok (lamb with prumes). There are also very refreshing fruit juices! Service is great and they recognized us the second time, causing to give us tea anyways free of charge out of hospitality when we didn't actually wanted it.Though we still enjoyed the tea, haha. (for detailed directions read one of the reviews below)

2  Thank Pepijnn
Reviewed August 5, 2014

As most others have noted, this is a good addition to any visit to Marrakech. While the "red stairs" are on the steep side, once we completed our climb to the roof terrace, we were made to feel more than welcome. Good food at reasonable prices which clearly are not as low as the main market square where the "comfort levels" are lower. Very atmospheric as darkness fell and the calls to prayer could be heard across the rooftops!

2  Thank Markadlz