“Beware: Rooms of Vastly Different Standards”
Review of Riad Alida

Riad Alida
Ranked #435 of 1,153 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Brisbane
“Beware: Rooms of Vastly Different Standards”
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We booked 3 rooms. We had asked for 4-star accom. One room was superb.One was OK, but no TV and lots of noise outside the door, making sleeping difficult. But the third room was a hole - very small, spartan, A/C not working, noisy - 2-star at the most.
Obviously the tiad overboked and sold a rubbish room at full price. When we complained they were impolite. We left and went elsewhere. Lost our money of course.
This highlights the need for travellers to check with their booking agency that all rooms will be up to the desired standard.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank BrisbaneRob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2007

We have just returned from a night at Riad Alida in Marrakesh. The First visit to the Riad, three month ago, was enchanting and out of this world. We have never experienced such an incredible ambiance before. It was so magical that I couldn’t stop taking pictures of the place. In fact I added some to my blog.

On this trip, I asked my spouse to book us the same room at the Riad for our first and last night in Marrakesh since we were going to be traveling around the rest of the time. We couldn't wait to get back to the Riad and the magical effect it left on us.
My spouse confirmed the reservation the previous day, but upon her arrival, about four thirty in the afternoon, she discovered that the room was not ready, although she was given the key. After complaining, they promised to get the room ready while she was picking me up from the airport. When we returned the room was ready. We enjoyed the evening. The following morning, their breakfast selection was not up to par with our first visit.

The biggest problem occurred on the last night. We arrived about four-thirty in the afternoon; again the room was not ready. We were asked to wait in the lobby. We were made to feel comfortable while they set up the room. We ordered dinner for two to be served at 8:30 in the evening, and we asked to have it served on the patio. The dinner was served but in the dining room. They didn’t get the patio ready. After dinner we went to our room. Within few minutes I was on my knees in the bathroom vomiting, followed by a severe case of diarrhea. Next it was my spouse’s turn with the same symptoms. The following day my spouse talked to the manager about our nightmare, only a hollowed apology was made. That’s it.
Overall I would say this Riad has lots of potential, but they must get their act in gear. They have to be more organized and follow food safety procedures.

• Liked — Decor
  • Disliked — size
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Justman