“Great Experience. We will come again!!!!”
Review of Riad Dar Zaya

and 1 more site!
Riad Dar Zaya
Ranked #185 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed December 19, 2011

It was my first experience in morooco and the riad was exactly what i was expecting from marrakech- Beautiful!
The riad is located in the heart of the medina of marrakech, the oldest part. 5 minutes walking distance to the famous place jmaal el fna.
the rooms are lovely and the food was a miracle.
i recommand this riad from the bottom of my heart.
the Service was excellent and the manager was always looking for us!
He became a part of family with his staff.
Thanks again for this experience!!!!

Room Tip: Room SAKINA, first floor
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank munir A

Reviewed December 15, 2011

we stayed two days in marrakech before continuing our journey on the atlantic coast. It was the most moments of the trip.we foud a lovely riad on the internet,DAR ZAHIA, very well placed in the medina . It was our first experience of staying in a riad . We really enjoyed the quiet of location.cleanliness reception staff , and above we recommend dinner at least once in the riad . It was amazing

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank olibat
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I fell in love with zahia ryad as soon as I stepped into it for the first time. The beautiful decoration left me speechless. As soon I walked into the ryad, I felt as if I had entered a whole other world. The people were very welcoming, I guess that's Moroccans' nature. The hosts were also very helpful and hospitable, treating me with warmth and generosity. If I could recommend any ryad in Morocco, I would definitely recommend this one, as I have never visited another ryad that has had this good of an impact on me. My kids also loved the atmosphere in the ryad and are begging me to take them back next summer. I probably will!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Riad Dar Zahia the place to stay in Marrakech! It's simple and chic at the same time, cocy and authentic, once you are there you immediatly feel at home. The people who work there are very nice and always available to help you with anything you ask. The food is various, delicate and yummy. Located in the middle of the ancient medina of Marrakech, this riad is the best place to discover the real moroccan way of life, discover Marrakech and it's souk (which is a 5 minutes walk). It's also very quiet, so perfect for relaxing...you'll find peace and magic in this place!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Thé manager is good lookin with a gréât sense of humour... Gréât staff the service is a 5 Hotel service. NeXT Time u ll Côme with m'y boyfriend ..gréât place in thé médina and tha place to Be.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We stayed at the Riad on our second trip to Marrakech, as we were two couples we had the Riad to ourselves. Whilst it was overall a positive experience, it is not a 4 star experience. The rooms were quite dusty, the bed sheets were not changed at all during our 3 night stay and had holes in them, there were also dirty towels in the bathroom with make up stains on.

The service was also patchy on the first night we were locked out, eventually a young guy turned up and let us in but couldn't speak a word of English. Basic amenities like a Iron and hairdryer were nearly impossible to get and we had to search for them ourselves. The roof was covered by a big plastic sheet and the roof terrace out of use and run down. There was very little in the villa in terms of drinks so if you want a cosy bolthole look elsewhere Les Deux Tours was a far better experience (which is where we stayed last year).

It was also very difficult to get hold of the patron who only appeared ten minutes before we left for the airport and as the staff spoke no English it was hard to express what we were looking for. We wanted to visit a Spa but no one could understand what we wanted to do, so we had to call up ourselves, only to be told the Patron doesn't want us to use the phone! He also appeared at the last minute and couldn't take credit card payments so we had to withdraw cash before heading to the airport.

The raid has some positives, in terms of location and the lady their in the mornings was lovely but overall it wasn't great.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mebooandbeags
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed three days in this wonderful ryad and I loved it. I have found an oasis of calm only five minutes walk to the famous place Jammaa El fna. Breakfast were delicious and I had good meal one night. The staff was perfect and very helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. It wasn't my first trip in this city but I have never spent such a good stay. You won't be disappointed.
James R.