“unique hospitality”

Ranked #429 of 1,146 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London
“unique hospitality”
Reviewed February 24, 2010

A beautiful place to stay and to relax. The owners knowledge of the city, history and culture of Morocco is outstanding. Most helpful in arranging travel to other parts of Morocco and guided tours to Atlas Mountains and the Sahara. The incredibly friendly staff are also excellent cooks!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank VolandLondon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed January 28, 2010

5 minutes walk from medina. incredible staff. best found in entire morocco. quiet and safe place near taxis and main avenue. cozy and friendly. rooms ok. but the best was the staff that made us feel at home and treated us like family (even brought a doctor in house 'cause I was seek for a couple of days...really caring). no doubt to advise it to everyone

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank antoniomendes
Luzern
Reviewed January 6, 2010

A wonderfully decorated riad, with a genuinely organic feel in both design, decoration and service!

We stayed for three nights on our first ever trip to Morocco, and it was the ideal place to start.

Firstly, the food is absolutely incredible - so good in fact that we decided to eat dinner in the Riad twice, usually something we would never do (we prefer to go out to restaurants whenever we travel). I would go as far as saying the meal was the second best (if not best) we had in Morocco.

The staff, manager Lahcen and his family, are delightfully friendly and humble people who were always willing to help - Lahcen even accompanied me by bike to an ATM before paying the bill so I didn't have to walk through the street with too much cash.

The roof terrace looks great, although being winter we didn't get to enjoy it!

In terms of location, the Riad is located in one of the least touristy parts of the Medina. For us this was certainly a huge positive, as our walks to known locations always started off surrounded by real locals, not just salesmen and tourists. It is certainly not too far from the main square to be an invonvenience, but anyone nervous about unfamiliar travel should know about the location.

The only negative was the shower, which was slightly weak (but hey, you have to expect that in a developing country) and varying in temperature a lot.

Look forward to a return to the Riad Honey!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Neddles2
Brussels
Reviewed December 9, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Riad Honey for a long weekend - I gave this to him as a birthday present. The stay was absolutely wonderful and even better than I had hoped for! What makes it so special is not only the charming and loving way the hotel has been furnished and decorated, but the people there that make you feel so much at home! Every wish is being read from your eyes and just about everything is made possible. I sometimes felt like time stood still in the Riad every time we came back from a trip to the "city". Even though we did a lot of stuff during the three days we spent there, it never felt like "stress". The stay at the hotel was absolutely relaxing and I am already trying to find time to go back. If you want to see Marrakesh at its best - this is the place to go!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Stahlchen
Stockholm
Reviewed October 9, 2009

I stayed for 8 nights at Riad Honey during a conference in Marrakech. I cannot begin to tell you how happy I was that I chose this instead of the conference hotel. Riad Honey is an absolute gem. I felt like coming home to friends every night when I returned after the conference. The place is calm, clean and beautifully designed without any of the over-the-top orientalistic stuff one might otherwise encounter. The service is personal, friendly and absolutely impeccable. The staff is happy to help you with what ever you need, be it a late dinner on the beautiful roof terrace, help to find the best restaurants or planning an excursion out of town. You get the feeling that they really care for you on a personnal level and not just as a customer.

I had a chance to visit other hotels and riads where my colleagues stayed during the time I was there and not one of them came anywhere close to the warm and beautiful atmosphere at Riad Honey. There is no doubt that it will be where I stay if I ever return to Marrakech.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Zimmy77
Sweden
Reviewed October 7, 2009

I've never stayed in a better place than Riad Honey. The staff is super friendly, and helped us with everything from learning how to make Moroccan tea to finding good restaurants and providing us with wonderful breakfasts on the roof terrace. The calm environment at the riad is a perfect contrast to the busy medina. The moment I walked in to the gates of Riad Honey, I exhaled and stayed calm for the rest of my stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank Maria_Sw
Velen
Reviewed October 5, 2009

We came to Riad Honey were Lahcen has planned our 4 -days trekking tour to the High Atlas Region .
Everything was organized and executed in perfect way.
We were picked up at the airport and get a nice room in the Riad.
To stay in Riad Honey is like to stay in a house of friends.The warm atmosphere and the personal way of service is outstanding .

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family