we went there for a couple of nights, in 12/2012
we really appreciated and will come back there in further trips in Marrakech.
- the hotel is very charming, the “post-oriental” design with the little pool and tall palm trees let you feel in a special atmosphere, it is interesting to take time to discover the hotel for 30 minutes before to go in your room.
- the rooms are large, comfortable, also well designed, and that same post-oriental style makes the bathroom in tadelakt being a piece of art (Morocco is known for a typical bathroom style with wall in “tadelakt” a kind of waterproof lime plaster).
- breakfast is delicious, you got all what you need, orange juice is fresh made, bread and marmalade are also self made, all is very delicious.
We didn’t take lunch in this hotel, and we didn’t tried the sauna or massage, so we could say nothing about it.
- the people in the reception are very sympathic and helpful.
- this Riad is easily accessible by car and behind of there is a little dead-end street in which you can leave your car, which is a very interesting, seeing that majority of other Riads in Marrakech especially those fully central in the Medina are impossibly reachable by car without forgetting that parking is hard to find in Marrakech.
- there is a particular feature in this hotel, which may bother some customers : the fact that the main doors of the dozen rooms does not close with a key. In fact, according to the typical design of the hotel, doors are wood made in oriental style, and they close only by a simple rod : one from inside when you are in the room, and one from outside when you leave the room.
That mean that every customer of the hotel, can possibly go in your room when it is free … So, better not go there with something that is precious to you …
However, the rooms got little safe deposit-box with a customized code, and all customers we met there look charming and trustful people.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Le jardin d'Abdou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.