“Ideal for a stress-free, convivial family holiday”
Review of Riad Porte Royale

Riad Porte Royale
Ranked #252 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed April 18, 2010

The location is quiet but accessible, the staff and service impeccable, and the organisation from reservation to arrival was faultless.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Riad Porte Royale

Reviewed April 8, 2010

Stayed for two weeks at the RPR and it was a fantastic experience. I was in contact with them beforehand and they sorted out various things for me, and while there the friendly staff helped with anything I needed done. It's in a nice, quiet area that gives quick exit from the Medina through a nearby gate. The building itself is gorgeous, completely refurbished in a very modern style. The roof terrace gets great sun, though when I was there it was a bit chilly. Recommended.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 12, 2009

what a delight to have found Riad Porte Royale; in the heart of the Medina, 20 minutes walk to the main square by road or the far preferable but longer stroll through the markets; Hajiba and Mohammed who look after the guests cater for every need;from breakfast through lunch to dinner; endless cups of mint tea; and organisation of car with driver for trips; as well as guiding guests to a range of restaurants nearby. RPR is strangely but blissfully quiet and peaceful and a great escape from the noise and bustle outside; the area around is not tourist dominated and you can almost imagne you belong! Highly recommended.......

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 5, 2009

I am a Travelagent from Holland and stayed for 5 nights in Riad Porte Royale. (with my family 7 persons total) We had a great time. We loved the Riad because of its ambiance, quiet situated, very helpfull employees. I slept in Douirya room and had no smells.
The Riad is situated about 20 minutes walk and if you look at signs where you must turn than it is easy to find. The new town is about the same distance. Hagiba is very helpfull arranging excursions and they are not expensive. One day we booked an excursion in the new village and this was a disaster. So next time we book it through the Riad. They also can give you good tips where you can eat, but you also can eat in the Riad. Just tell Hagiba and she will make you a meal or get the drinks you want.

We had a great time and certainly will go back. There is so much to see.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2009

I love this Riad, I've been before on other trips and I'll be back again. Just back from a trip with my parents. My parents needed a break away and a treat and the first place that I thought of was Riad Porte Royale. My parents were not disappointed. The place oozes class, with simplicity and sophistication. It is relaxing, peaceful and intimate; a world away from the chaos and bustle of Marrakech medina.

I love the architecture and character of the riad and the little points of interest throughout the building, such as a reading area, stairways, roof terrace, fabrics etc. The whole building is finished to a very high standard.

I have travelled to more than 70 countries and this place has to rate in my top three places to stay. What I really like about this place apart from being very stylish is that you feel special here; no tour groups, no noise, no hastles and more than likely you could have the whole riad to yourself. There are only 4 or 5 rooms and each time I stayed I hardly seen a tourist.

The people who run it are genuinely friendly and helpful. Hajirah is sweet and the owner Phillip is very professional; always keeping in touch by mail to make sure that everything is all right.

I will be back again.

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed January 27, 2009

My mum had travelled over from NZ to see me in England for a few weeks. At the end of her stay, I wanted to treat her and take her to a country nearby with character and lovely accommodation. I had been to Morocco several times and had also stayed before at Riad Porte Royale with my partner. We had had such a lovely, relaxing weekend that I was sure that it would be a perfect place to share with mum too.

Riad Porte Royale is absolutely stunning. It has so much character. The rooms are gorgeous, decorated with simple, tasteful, African art and set, of course, around the central courtyard and the titled plunge pool. My mum couldn't stop taking photos to take home to show her friends. Every morning, Mum and I had breakfast on the roof terrace and this was one of my favourite times to relax before we begun our shopping and bargaining in the Souqs.

Hajiba and Mohammed do an amazing job of hosting you and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcome. They truly are lovely friendly people, who genuinely enjoy what they are doing.

Thanks for having us. I'll be back again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2008

This Riyad was booked as part of a private travel group.
I cant emphasize how fantastic this place is!
The Riyad is very elegantly decorated and the staff are extremely helpful and friendly (Mohammed and Hajiba)
It is a 15 minute walk to the main square and gives you the opportunity to wander through local markets and streets
It can be a bit daunting initially but the locals are always keen to help
I cant wait to visit again!!

• Stayed: October 2008