Ryad Dar Ganou
Riad Kniza(Marrakech)
$257
$161
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $214/night.

La Maison Arabe(Marrakech)
$181
$171
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

Riad 72(Marrakech)
$152
$147
Hotels.com
$515
$1,056
$1,016
All reviewsthe main squarebalcony overlooking the courtyardjemaa ela stones throwfantastic locationthe perfect hostfresh orange juicea great stayenjoyed our staycrepesveroniquetaxidrivermedina
Reviewed March 18, 2013

With al the excellent reviews on here Riad Dar Ganou was going to struggle to meet my expectations. After visiting it surpassed them! Veronique and Jean Marc are the perfect hosts. Nothing was too much trouble. It was the little things that Veronique did that made a huge difference. A lovely email before we arrived. Walking us to the square to ensure we knew our way around when we first arrived, helping us with the bus time table. The list goes on - looking for a great Riad in a central location? This is it. Have a great stay.

Room Tip: We had the room with a small balcony, great to share a bottle of wine and soak up the atmosphere.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndMandy
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This ryad is really nice. The rooms are very beautiful and clean. The room where we stayed had a fireplace. The staff prepared the fire place for us and it was really nice to enjoy the living fire. Riad staff is very good, friendly and helpful. The room service is stunning. Every time when we came back to our room, it was well cleaned and organized.
The breakfast was really good with pastries, pancakes, eggs, jam, coffee with hot milk and freshly squeezed juice. It's possible to enjoy it on the roof terrace with the sun or in the garden which is situated in the middel of the house.
Long story short, you will really feel like home in this ryad.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ronald R
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I had an unfortunate incident with some locals just as we got to our pre-paid appartment in one of the Madina's many alleys. As a result we needed somewhere else to stay so we asked the taxi driver to take us - somewhere friendly with a pool, please.

The first place we tried was Ryad Dar Ganou. We didn't need to look anywhere else - we had been rescued! Veronique and Jean-Marc were the perfect hosts, their Ryad a haven in what had become for us, an unsafe town. They listened to our story, gave us a cup of tea and reassured us that we were safe in their beautiful ryad. We didn't venture out for 24 hours and enjoyed their hospitality and shared in much laughter. They went out of their way to make us feel at home. The small pool was perfect after a day in the hot sun, the room was great and the A/C much appreciated, the roof top terrace has great views over the Madina, the food is plentiful and delicious and the English/French banter between us during the Queen's diamond jubilee celebrations brought us a lot of fun and a really memorable stay.

If you must go to Marrakech, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoveTanzania
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I have never written a review in my life but after an amazing stay in this wonderful hotel I felt I needed to let other travels know just how excellent this little gem is. We booked this place by pure chance as we were planning on staying at a more expensive hotel. Having had a very negative experience staying in a luxury Riad in Fes previously, we changed our mind and booked this one and I am very thankful we did.

We were going from Fes to Marrakech on a night bus which was mean to save us "sightseeing time" and were due to arrive early the next morning and go straight on a desert tour. We contacted the hotel asking if we could leave our bags with them and they quickly agreed. As it came out night buses are extremely unreliable and we ended up coming into Marrakech at 3.30am!!! We had nowhere to go so out of desperation decided to call the hotel. Veronique (one of the owners) was quick to help us and said we could come stay with them. We got into a taxi and came to the medina where Jean Marc (Veronique's husband) was waiting for us. He even argued for us with the driver who was trying to overcharge us (very typical in Morocco) Then he walked us into the hotel where Veronique was waiting for us with some mint tea and pastries. She then offered us to stay in the downstairs living room bringing down some blankets and was even apologetic that they didn't have a room for us!!! This is all at 4am in the morning and when we were not even planning on staying that night!!!! The next morning something like 7 am Jean Marc woke once again to walk us to the pick up place for the desert tour!!

After the desert tour we came back to the hotel where Veronique said she upgraded us to a better room. We really loved this little place. The rooms were nicely furnished and very clean. The breakfast was amazing and definitely one of the best breakfasts I ever had with plenty of fresh fruit, pastries local pancakes, jams and loads of delicious freshly squeezed orange juice. Also plenty of black tea which I found a bit hard to get in Morocco where mint tea is the standard. Breakfast is served on a beautiful terrace with wonderful views of Marrakech and the mountains. The location is also ideal as it's only a stone throw away from the main square. Veronique and Jean Marc are always around to help and offer some wonderful suggestions of things to do as well as simply have a friendly chat. Their dog is around too if you want to play with him.

All in all this was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Yes it is not the Ritz and it never pretends to be as prices are very traveler friendly. This doesn't mean that it is not charming and in fact I prefer the decor here to many luxury places I have stayed in. Where the hotel wins all over is the level of service which is simply out of this world. I do not know of any hotel in the world luxury or not where the owner would get up in the middle of the night to greet you and lets you stay for a few hours when you were not even meant to be staying there!!!! This level of personal attention and love you receive from the owners makes this little Riad a true winner in my opinion. I definitely would recommend it to anyone going to Marrakech. Mind you book in advance as they do not have that many rooms.

PS Veronique and Jean Marc if you read this I would like to express my deepest gratitude for the hospitality your offered us. It definitely made our stay in Marrakech and I cannot get over how amazing you both were at accommodating us and responding to all our needs. I really mean what I said in the review. I think your Riad is better then any hotel I have ever stayed in. For me you have now set an extremely high standard of expectations which I think will be very very hard if not impossible to beat. A million times thank you and I apologize I haven't written this review sooner like I should have. Loads and loads of love Julie

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Julie_UA
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We arrived in Marakkech to find that where we originally wanted to stay was fully booked but we were absolutely delighted with dar ganou - Veronique and Jean Marc were the most loveliest couple to welcome us - Veronique showed us where to go and places to eat - she even would have cooked evening meals for us. The breakfast was fit for a King and our room was an absolute beauty. we didnt want to leave as we were made so welcome - its a fantastic place to unwind after the madness of Marakkech. Would highly recommend Kate and Andy - honeymoon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple