“Great value, ideal location”
Review of Hotel Atlas

Hotel Atlas
Ranked #330 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed in one of the triple rooms here with two friends; 450 dirhams for a room with AC, its own bathroom, and a TV was a great bargain, and we had a pretty good 24 hours here.

The staff were helpful and friendly, giving us maps and plenty of advice - Abdulallah in particular was a real star. The rooms were clean, and the lobby is absolutely beautiful, while the location, 30 seconds from Djemma El-Fna, is perfect. Wifi worked pretty well, but only really downstairs - so don't expect to be checking your emails in bed. Otherwise, if you're in Marrakech for a short stay, it's pretty perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank mmaltby1
There are newer reviews for Hotel Atlas

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Hotel itself is very nice and very close to Djeema-el-fna. We got a room in the 2nd floor which was very nice, but loud during the night. The showers were nice and hot, but the bathrooms were disguting! No toilet paper at all! Besides that, they had a great beautiful terrace and the hotel is super cute. If you don't mind a dirty and smelly bathroom, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank carolsbr
Reviewed September 9, 2013

i am from morocco i come with my girl friend to atlas hotel at 2 am in this hotel and when we need to booked a room for us they told me they cant give me one room they said i need booked two rooms my girl friend was mad and cry i was very mad they said is law they cant let me stay with my girl friend in same room .we stay two nights then we leave to casablanca city is great we booked one room is great hotel 4 stars .i told the manager in casablanca about the story he told me they stolen my money .
but i will never ever back to this hotel atlas i'dont care about morocco law but i care about my happiness and my vacation

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank abdou_free
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here for a short break in Marrakech and I cannot fault it. The rooms were lovely and very clean, the staff were helpful and hospitable. It's only a matter of a few hundred hards from the main square and ideal. Excellent value for money. I'd go again.

Room Tip: As the rooms are so cheap I'd recommend having one with shower.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lesley S
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I came to Marrakech following stays in Fes and Casablanca, and while my riad in Fes wins for location, this place wins for overall value during my stay in Morocco. I had two nights here and had booked a double room for myself at 350DH per night.

Side note - I had made this booking through Hostelbookers.com who had taken a 10% "deposit" with the balance to be paid direct to the hotel. It turns out I had to pay 700DH to the hotel, which is the room rate, and therefore what Hostelbookers.com had taken was a booking fee. DO NOT USE THEM! Book direct with the property.

I had room 32, which is on the second floor of the rear section of the hotel. It is a beautiful building with cool, open courtyards, and unlike other reviewers have suggested, the place isn't noisy at all. Yes, when you are up on the roof terrace you can hear Jemaa al F'na square, but you can't see it, and once you're off the roof you can't hear it either. I was lucky that I virtually had the place to myself so I had no noisy neighbours, so I can't comment on what the place might be like when it's full. Maybe I had chosen the best time to be there...

The room was lovely and had air conditioning included and even TV, which for about £28 per night (breakfast not included but available for 25DH) I thought was excellent value, and given that it is unbelievably close to the square. My room was en-suite and everything worked perfectly adequately.

On the day I was leaving I was taking the night train to Tangier and the guy on reception offered for me to leave my bag there during the day, which I did, and he let me use a spare room that evening to wash and change at no extra charge before I headed off to the station. The same guy had come out to meet me from my petit taxi on the day I arrived. What more do you want from the staff at a small, back-street hotel??

Here are the current daily room rates, not en-suite unless stated:

Rooms 1 & 2 (single) - 90DH
Rooms 5-8, 10, 11, 15-17 (double) - 170DH
Rooms 13, 14, 18 (triple) - 250DH
Rooms 12, 19-21 (quad) - 280DH
Rooms 3 & 9 (quin) - 320DH
Rooms 22-25, 28 & 32 (double en-suite, AC, TV) - 350DH
Rooms 26, 27, 29-31 & 33 (triple, en-suite etc) - 450DH

I will upload their contact details shortly...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank Chris G
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This Hotel is in a prime location for the busy central plaza and we were potentially staying just one night but extended it to two because it was pretty good.

Our room was an un-airconditioned one on the second floor and it was pretty sticky but was comfortable. We slept with our window closed the first night for privacy but on the second we were boiling and gave in.

When we arrived the person on reception gave us two keys and let us choose between two rooms- I thought that was quite cool.There was no sound insulation and some of the other guests were a wee bit noisy at times, but we both slept fairly soundly. The linen was really clean and the room felt fresh.It was nice having a sink in there to do a wee bit handwashing which dried in the heat in a couple of hours! I think the toilets were cleaned regularly but they did give me the heebie jeebies a bit, as bathrooms without soap or toilet paper do. I'm sure the most mess is made by tourists trying to go without touching anything! Definitely take your own loo paper and hand sanitiser, and a towel if you plan on showering as they aren't in the rooms.

The man on reception treated us really well, he was very relaxed about payment and even loaned us a towel of his own for free when I asked if they hired the out.

The rooftop terrace is a nice place to go for respite at night, and excellent if there's a wee breeze blowing. We didn't have breakfast either morning of our stay and it wasn't brought to our attention by the staff either.

I think this place was well priced and if we went back I we'd most likely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Agree with other reviews here, there are two men running the front of house here with differing approaches to running the hotel! The one we first encountered (the younger fatter one) was extremely rude and not in the slightest bit welcoming. We had booked ahead but he didn't seem to care that we'd just taken a 6 hour train journey and wanted to get to our room. Later we met the manager proper and he at least had a smile on his face, although didn't know how much we owed for the room which I had to explain that we had booked and wanted breakfast etc.

I was also a bit dubious about the payment for the room. I'd sent half the money across by Western Union and requested that they had received it, however did not get anything back so wasn't even sure that we had the room booked. Fortunately I had the receipts with me to show that I'd already paid half.

The room itself was small but reasonable for the cost. It was extremely hot and noisy with the window onto the alleyway at the front and mopeds being noisy throughout the night. The shared toilets were a bit dirty, and the shower didn't have hot water in the mornings.

Breakfast was very good, although despite telling the manager we wanted it the day before, it came as a surprise for the woman who was supposed to be dealing with it. She was pleasant though and it was great having breakfast on the roof terrace.

For the location being so close to Djeema el Fna, it is one of the cheaper options so close to the action, however don't expect much for this price.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the front by the alley as with the window open (which is needed in the heat of the su...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple