Hotel Atlas
Riad Kniza(Marrakech)
$257
$161
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $216/night.

La Maison Arabe(Marrakech)
$181
Riad 72(Marrakech)
$152
$147
$515
All reviewstoilet paperthe main squareminute walkinner courtyardjemaa el fnahotel is locatedrecommend this hotelother guestsstayed for nightsold cityshowerwifiroomsterracealleymedinareceptionist
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This Hotel is in a prime location for the busy central plaza and we were potentially staying just one night but extended it to two because it was pretty good.

Our room was an un-airconditioned one on the second floor and it was pretty sticky but was comfortable. We slept with our window closed the first night for privacy but on the second we were boiling and gave in.

When we arrived the person on reception gave us two keys and let us choose between two rooms- I thought that was quite cool.There was no sound insulation and some of the other guests were a wee bit noisy at times, but we both slept fairly soundly. The linen was really clean and the room felt fresh.It was nice having a sink in there to do a wee bit handwashing which dried in the heat in a couple of hours! I think the toilets were cleaned regularly but they did give me the heebie jeebies a bit, as bathrooms without soap or toilet paper do. I'm sure the most mess is made by tourists trying to go without touching anything! Definitely take your own loo paper and hand sanitiser, and a towel if you plan on showering as they aren't in the rooms.

The man on reception treated us really well, he was very relaxed about payment and even loaned us a towel of his own for free when I asked if they hired the out.

The rooftop terrace is a nice place to go for respite at night, and excellent if there's a wee breeze blowing. We didn't have breakfast either morning of our stay and it wasn't brought to our attention by the staff either.

I think this place was well priced and if we went back I we'd most likely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Agree with other reviews here, there are two men running the front of house here with differing approaches to running the hotel! The one we first encountered (the younger fatter one) was extremely rude and not in the slightest bit welcoming. We had booked ahead but he didn't seem to care that we'd just taken a 6 hour train journey and wanted to get to our room. Later we met the manager proper and he at least had a smile on his face, although didn't know how much we owed for the room which I had to explain that we had booked and wanted breakfast etc.

I was also a bit dubious about the payment for the room. I'd sent half the money across by Western Union and requested that they had received it, however did not get anything back so wasn't even sure that we had the room booked. Fortunately I had the receipts with me to show that I'd already paid half.

The room itself was small but reasonable for the cost. It was extremely hot and noisy with the window onto the alleyway at the front and mopeds being noisy throughout the night. The shared toilets were a bit dirty, and the shower didn't have hot water in the mornings.

Breakfast was very good, although despite telling the manager we wanted it the day before, it came as a surprise for the woman who was supposed to be dealing with it. She was pleasant though and it was great having breakfast on the roof terrace.

For the location being so close to Djeema el Fna, it is one of the cheaper options so close to the action, however don't expect much for this price.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the front by the alley as with the window open (which is needed in the heat of the summer) ALL the noise from square and people outside lasts a good deal of the night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days. And I stayed as the location was good and a. Ok mix of Europeans come and go. The ladies who work there were very nice and friendly. However my stay was slight spilt by on the last day the male day manager tried to treat me as a fool and attempting to overcharge me for some cloths washing. He then attempted to make out it was my fault ,and his general 2 faced attitude did spoil my impression of my stay there. His attitude was representative of street sellers but I would not expect this as my hotel.
I tried to get his name, but all I can say he was the fatter one or the 2 male managers, the guy was fine.
Nice terrace, breakfast ok, noisy street side rooms, a endlessly tweeting bird , bring earplugs. I'd also say the down floor rooms less private but are way way cooler in he heat.

Room Tip: Down floor rooms cooler,street side rooms ok if u like waking up early or have earplugs.terrace rooms get hot.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank alexred88
Reviewed March 20, 2013

located next to the main square, you can barely hear what is going on there (drums, music, horse, smoke).
they have 2 terraces on the roof. I did not get breakfast as there are pleny of pastry shops and caffes. Bring your own hairdired. I had asked to borrow one, but each time they found an excuse.

Room Tip: room on the ground floor was cold in February, but it is probably the coolest place during the summer heat.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Tajikat
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Well presented and can not complain about the location, two mins from the square. Not the cheapest by far but best presented and very clean. The manager Abdulla was very acomodating and helpfull in local advise (places to see etc.) One thing which was extra was the AC on the smaller rooms 50 Dhrms. Otherwise it was a great Riad to stay in and would recommend it to anyone one else. We never went for the Breakfast option as the main square is just round the corner and a lot cheaper too.

Room Tip: You can check out the other riads in the same block and get an idea of the costs, they have the rates dispalayed on the wall usually but try to hagglle it down (it worked for us) and i guess its expected too.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends