Riad Boutouil
Riad 72(Marrakech)
$152
$147
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice breakfastfantastic staytraditional foodwalking distancebig squarethe main squarepancakeswould stay here againclean roomsother guestslocation is greathome away from homeabdulexcursionsmoroccomedinataxi
Reviewed October 24, 2015

I loved every minute of my Morocan Experience.
The Riad was truly authentic, simply gorgeous inside. Staff - Rashid and Mhedi were AMAZING -So Helpful,... LOVED it. Madina Square is only 5 minutes away.
Weather was AWESOME!
Riad AWESOME! Staff AWESOME! Coming back in February 2016 & cannot wait!!
Love this place !!!!!!!! <3

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed October 21, 2015

Hi Everyone, A long overdue review of which I can only apologise to Rashid Mhedi and the other staff at Riad Boutouli for. I stayed at the Riad for 4 nights with a friend at the start of October. This place is simpley magical and the experiance of Morocco was made all the more by the staff at the Riad who I can now firmly call friends. No need was to great for our host to sort for us, they provided all the information required about the city to keep us safe and make sure we got the most out of the time we had, the Riad is spotless and really authentic I felt like I was in an indiana jones movie the entire time of the stay. This place has to be seen to be beleived as is the rest of Morocco. Quite simply on of the best holiday experiaces of my life, Thanks again Rashid and Mhedi looking forward to visiting again very soory :)

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed September 27, 2015

From the street the riad is very deceiving - you can't tell how big the place is or even what to expect once you walk through the doors. But from the moment I walked into the riad I was in awe of the place. Everywhere I turned there was a little 'knick knack' that reminded me I was in Marrakech. And each time I walked through the riad I spotted something new. The rooms were well decorated and the bathrooms looked beautiful decorated using mosaic. Both were kept clean - although a cleaner does come round every day the place did need a little dusting.

On arrival we were given some mint tea and then shown to our room - we did arrive very late so didn't plan on doing much that first evening but the next morning the manager, Rachid came and found us and made time for us. He talked us through everything we needed to know for our holiday - this includes signposting us to sights, pointing out minarets to find our way back, explaining how taxis work and also explaining how the people of Marrakech work. Coming from England we don't haggle or barter and Rachid told us just how to do this - including when to walk away. He gave us a quick guide on food prices and what to expect to pay - all may seem very minor but in fact made our holiday so much easier.

The riad is walking distance from everything to do and see in Marrakech except Majorelle which is in the new city so you need to get a taxi there. We did go out on excursions and all were booked through the riad - we found the prices no worse than others on the web but the convenience of booking very last minute was a bonus.

As the week went on the riad felt more and more like home - with not many rooms we got to know other holiday makers and made some good friends, and spent many hours on the roof terrace discussing everything from world politics to football to electricity prices around the world - and each day Rachid made the effort to join in with the guests. The roof terrace is well decorated with tables in the sun for breakfast but also a very traditional looking desert tent in the back for those moments when you want to be out but the sun is just a wee bit too much or for the late night discussions.

Rachid and his team were excellent hosts - they did everything they could to make our holiday a good one including arranging for a cooking lesson and a henna session on our last day. I was unwell during my stay and the staff did fuss around me and got me everything I asked for to help me feel better.

Riad Boutouil is beautifully decorated, where staying in gives you a feel of being on holiday and if ever in Marrakech again I would not think twice about staying here.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank KayaDee2183
Reviewed September 19, 2015 via mobile

First of all: very nice location, inside the Medina in just a few minutes from the Big Square. The riad is beautiful and the staff very helpful. The manager of the riad was always advising us about what to do and what not to do in the city, where we could buy certain things and what places to visit. On the other hand: the breakfast could be more attractive: a piece of fruit perhaps, the pancakes were awful. The Air Conditioner in our room was shedding water, the tv didn't work, and after complaining nothing was done about it...
But these were some really nice days we've stayed at the riad and I totally recommend it.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends
3  Thank TravellersInsight
Reviewed July 16, 2015

Great location, just a short walk to the old markets etc.
Rooms were very traditional, i was most impressed by the mosaic shower enclosure! The hotel foyer is impressive in itself. I was moved to this hotel unexpectedly due to our original hotel double booking! Staff at Boutouil made us feel very welcome, they cooked us traditional food upon arrival and also made sure we had breakfast before our very early morning flight.
Would recommend for some real morroccon goodness!

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with friends