Jnane Leila
Riad Kniza(Marrakech)
$257
$161
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

Riad Karmela(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$147
$514
All reviewsguest houselovely poolyogurttaxissuitemarrkech
Reviewed April 4, 2010

Nice atmosphere,clean rooms,staff generally very helpfull and pleasant.But food disappointing! Let's the whole place down.The breakfasts were poor quality and repetative,and evening meals were also similar,and sometimes not available, and v expensive for what they were,i get the feeling that they were not prepared on site,(only heated up,or fried).Best to eat out if you want truely authentic and varied food at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank stians
Reviewed May 1, 2009

We visited Jnane Leila in November 2007 and began our stay there initially for 2 nights but stayed longer as it was so beautiful and comfortable and the staff were fantastic and friendly, I can't say enough about the managers who even helped us find a fantastic deal on a hotel in Agadir which was where we decided to go onto as the weather turned and the rains arrived, so following the sunshine at that time of year was wonderful. Still in the early 80's most days.
The pictures you see of Jnane Leila are true to life, the dear gentleman who comes to light the many candles in the lanterns all around the pool and gardens each evening, the friendly courteous staff in the restaurant serving delicious food, the rooms and outdoor areas are simply beautiful....it's aliitle way out, 10 mins drive in a taxi, very easy to get outside the bigdoor, not too much, £10 return, but really worth it if you want to hear lots of birds singing in the morning at breakfast and find yourself in a picturesque garden rather than on the rooftops near the square, but equally that is fabulous too, we have done that a few times , but we wanted abit more space for our child to be able to run and play - which happened freely and safely and in and out of the lovely pool - rather cool but then it does get hot there!!!
All in all, we thought this was a real gem and we were so glad we found it.
Wholly reccomended!

Reviewed March 8, 2009

We stayed at this guest house in May 2008. It was our first visit to Marrakech and we wanted to stay at a small hotel with a swimming pool. When I read the bad-ish review on TA it made me worried about staying at this place. It turned out to be quite a nice place to unwind and relax. After walking all day in the chaotic Medina we could not wait to go back to the hotel. They served breakfast in their pretty garden (don't expect a proper coffee), and had a tasty barbecue on the grass at lunch time. Everything was nice including the staff. The only complaint we had was the driver. We paid the same rate using their shuttle taxi every day. On the 3rd day the driver decided to increase the fare, and he tried to make it look as if it was the hotel which made decision which we doubted.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2009

I stayed at Jnane Leila in February 2007 with my son for a week. It was my third stay in Marrakech which I discovered for the first time 25 years ago. Since have changed quiet a lot since then.

Anyway we wanted to stay out of town so overall we were quiet happy staying at Jnane Leila.
I had booked a suite and had a pretty good deal because it was off season. The suite had 2 bedrooms, a nice bathroom, a little garden and a terrace in the back. We had logfire and a heater as well and good blackets but the beds were a bit hard.
Saïd, the Manager , which I contacted by email and met at the property was very welcoming and helpful. We had booked a few evening meals as well. Cuisine was not 5* but good. Breakfast was served into the suite if you wanted to.
The swimming pool , just in front of our suite, was inviting but too cold to use in February.

Overall the property is not a palace but is family oriented and presents an original rustic marocan architecture surrounded by nice gardens.
Saïd and his team were responding to our enquiries during our stay and I have nothing to camplain about.
As I like to change hotels when I'll go back to Marrakech soon I don't think I'll go back but I can surely recommend it to future guests.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank BELLIFONTAINE
Reviewed October 25, 2008

During our trip through Morocco we've stayed at Jnane Leila for two nights. During these days we've enjoyed eating at the restaurant and relaxing in the lovely garden.

This hotel build like an old Moroccan village looks very nice. The rooms surround a great garden with swimming pool. The service is good and we really enjoyed they’re hospitality.
The kitchen offers a mix of traditional food and modern dishes. With average prices.

All and all we’ve relaxed here for a few days and then we left to visit the great city Marrakech. I think this hotel is best visit to escape the business of Marrakech city. Relax and enjoy the garden and service and then head on to the city.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)