The very few positive things:
- The building itself is rather pretty (if it wasn't that rundown)
- The location is very close to Jama El Fna and it is real easy to find (which is a rare treat froa riad in marrakech)
And now the negatives:
- This place is incredibly dirty. It was soooo freaking disgusting that I would have left if it hadn't been newyears with all the places booked solid. The bathroom hadn't been cleaned for ages (dust and age old toothpaste all over the sink) plus the worst of all: the whole bathroom was splattered with puke (see pictures)!!! Sooooo gross!!!!!! And the toilet - oh my god the toilet.... I went to complain and while I was out someone apparently dis some cleaning but it was still very dirty with lots of puke left everywhere.
- The riad is really run down. Even if the place had been clean it would have still been nasty. Rugs were so old the fibre merged into some kind of solid state. The doors were half broken (looked like they'd been broken open before).
- Interior design is not nice at all. All totally cheap, no taste. Sad.
- my room's door was partly made of glass which admitted so much light into the room that it was difficult to sleep at night
- Above the door was only a mosquito screen, so all the noise that built up in the courtyard and worse the public bathroom entered the room with full force and, hell, was there a lot of noise!!! Worst of all was the owners fighting all day long. Before that you had some French tour groups in the morning and in the evening there was a TV tuned up to the extreme.
- The room was very small
- There is absolutely NO heating in the room and it does get very cold in winter there.
- breakfast was a waste of space and time
- owners weren't exactly mean but apparently had no interest in being particularly friendly either.
- There was constantly someone trying to sell drugs to the guests!!!
- the restaurant was closed all the time
There are so many really nice places in Marrakech. One like this has no right to exist next to those. It is a nasty, disgusting place that doesn't even have the standard of a hostel. One of the worst experiences of my travelling life!
- Also Known As:
- Fantasia Hotel Marrakech