“Ripped off”
Review of Hotel Fantasia

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Fantasia
Ranked #468 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel for New Years eve based on a travellers recommendation. As it was New Years eve I did expect to pay a little more. I got the last room. I accepted it and its share bathroom at DH300 to discover the room rates were published in the room at DH125. When I raised it with the owner the next morning he offered me another suite at DH300 per night which was that rooms normal rate. He seems to haveussed the point. He was grossly overcharging me. The room had dirt marks along the walls bit the share bathroom was clean enough. Just no toilet paper. Had to ask for a towel.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Barbara K
There are newer reviews for Hotel Fantasia

Reviewed August 6, 2012

In a narrow street, through the dark door to a beautiful courtyard. Rooms are well maintained, clean and tastefully decorated.
Dining room and the rest of the hotel is cozy and clean. Showers are doing well as hot and cold water in the morning and in the evening.
Food is standard ones, are made ​​outside the hotel. It does not taste bad.
On the terrace, there is less well cared for. the terres has had its day and has to turn to a small maintenance. From the staff is the best man Abdul. Abdul has a special talent to do everything for the guests to his wish to make. Abdul makes the stay really komformabel and fun.

Room Tip: On the first floor with the arco.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Well situated at 6 min walking from the main square Jemaa el Fna in the medina but easy to find

New Franco Moroccan team ... so friendly ... trying and succeeding to make you feel at home

Nice huge terrace with jaccuzi on two levels with nice views
Charming open patio for lovely breakfasts
Nice traditionnal but renovated bathrooms
My best address in Marrakech every time I go ... every 2 months
Enjoy !

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed November 30, 2011

This place was so comfortable, the owner is so lovely and the breakfast was delicious! Our room was huuuuuge, and came with an ensuite complete with a bath! It is really easy to find and not far from the main Djemaa El Ena square.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I love the charm of this hotel, admittedly standard not as UK hotels but why would I want that in Morocco? we have stayed here many times over the last 10 years infact I only ever stay here when we visit Marrakesh, we have stayed as a couple, with our wider Moroccan family (3 rooms) and with our small child.

for all those that complain about the level of cleanliness etc this has never been as issue for us, and we have never had issues with hot water or staff.

Hotel Fantasia is not a 5* rated hotel! and it does not pretend to be, It is a charming hotel for a budget traveller and as such worth the price. as for the price per night ther taffif is on their website. the location and closeness to the square make it a great place to stay. I would also add that I feel quite safe at any time of night walking to and from this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Don't know what all the whingeing is about in other reviews, we had no problems, loved the over-the-top Morroccan decoration, and glossy pomegranate walls of the room. Sure the room was small, but it worked OK for us. Breakfast in the courtyard was adequate, and after the room we had in Barcelona which in itself wasn't too bad, this place was like dying and going to heaven! For half the price. Went back for a second stay.
David Spiers, NZ

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2010

After almost 3 years I returned to Riad Fantasia - and I still love it. I just love the convenient location, the courtyard, the roof top terrace, the coffee and the fresh orange juice.
Yes, the rooms ARE small and not very clean, and so is the bathroom. But he, what do you expect for 30€?

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends