“Beautiful riad”

Riad Jona
Ranked #40 of 1,153 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“Beautiful riad”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed at the Riad jona with my husband and 2 young children (4yrs and 6yrs). I emailed Julien, the manager, prior to booking and he confirmed that the children would be welcome. Despite this I did have some concerns having read that riads generally were not appropriate for children. I needn't have worried. The staff made us all feel incredibly welcome and made a fuss of the children. We stayed in the Cannelle suite which was beautiful. The riad as a whole is stunning and the staff second to none. We have been fortunate enough to stay in some wonderful places all over the world but the service and attention to detail we found here take some beating. I would thoroughly recommend Riad Jona.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank fourofus46

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at Riad Jona for 6 nights and enjoyed every minute. The Riad is clean and friendly with fantastic staff and facilities. The roof top terrace and pool are amazing and set it apart from other riads. After a busy morning in the souk you want nothing more than to cool down on the peaceful terrace. Food and drink in the Riad are also very good and reasonably priced. Staff are very helpful at all times and the location is perfect for access to all of the medina. Do not hesitate to stay at this wonderful place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Great place, staff very friendly and helpful, excellent English spoken, room (ours) was nicely decorated and comfortable, breakfast on the roof terrace was very yum and fresh and small rooftop pool looked inviting.

Unfortunately the Riad was a little tricky to find initially, but once we knew which side streets to take it wasn't so bad. Good location in the medina close to the souks.

Staff especially Mohammed were super friendly. Staff also looked after my girlfriend who wasn't well whilst we visited, and Julien the host offered for her to have a simple evening meal which was very kind. I recommend the fish pastilla if you eat in the Riad, very tasty.

If we returned to Marrakech we would be sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: We had the rooftop room which was a triple and very comfortable for our needs.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank donncham01
London
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed at the Riad Jona during a solo trip to Marrakech. It's a fantastic place stay located in the vibrant Medina area and just a few minutes walk to Djemaa el Fna and the souk. Food and ambience was excellent and the riad also benefits from it's own beautiful roof terrace, pool and hamam. I felt that the owners really went out of their way to help ensure that my stay with them was as good as it possibly could be. Julien organised my collection from the airport and was also on hand to help set-up excursions and provide really useful advice on where to visit on my onwards journey. In short the Jona is an excellent, luxurious location to stay in when visiting Marrrakech but at a fair price. I can't rate the staff or the owners highly enough either: incredibly welcoming and helpful. I doubt I would have enjoyed my stay in Morocco as much had I stayed anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank BrettParlane
Aix-en-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
Reviewed March 14, 2012

After an awful week in a beautiful but unfriendly ryad, we loved being at Riad jona, so friendly and home like. Everybody is warm in this ryad, the breakfast are delightful, the rooms, confortable, good location, a nice hammam always ready and a lovely terrace. But the best of this ryad, is its atmosphere, positive, honest, ultrakind. A place to live long stays in Marrakech.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We finally arrived at Riad Jona having made a slight mistake at the airport and gone to the wrong Riad thanks to the taxi driver misunderstanding us!!
On realising our mistake, the lovely Julien rang my mobile and sent one of his staff to collect us from the other Riad, which was not up to our expectations and rather disappointing.
Thank goodness he did, as Riad Jona is absolutely wonderful!! An oasis in the Medina, and such a lovely place to spend a few days with Julien, his beautiful wife and a staff which is second to none.
We had four nights there, and really didn`t want to leave the place.
The decor is fabulous, tasteful and comfortable, with many very special touches. Our room was perfect, and the food (breakfast each morning and Dinner one evening) excellent with a good selection of wines and drinks available.
Julien spent about half an hour showing us the map and where to visit, and gave us lots of advice about shopping, staying safe and generally making the most of Marrakech.
We are pensioners and thoroughly recomment the Riad Jona to anyone who is confused or undecided as to where to stay.
Ron and Tess Grant

Room Tip: Choose the `Jasmine`. It is lovely and very comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marie G
Massapequa, New York
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I just returned from a solo trip to Morocco, and loved my four nights at Riad Jona. I was collected as arranged at the airport, transported to the riad and warmly welcomed by Julien, his lovely wife and their wonderful staff. It's beautifully decorated and in a good location in the Medina. The food was marvelous, the room clean and comfortable. I had my meals in the courtyard, not the terrace, because it was a bit chilly, but thought that was a great place as well. I got good advice from Julien on experiencing Marrakesh, and a good suggestion for a restaurant on the night I chose not to dine in the riad.

I'm delighted that I found Riad Jona and am sure others would find it a lovely spot as well.

Room Tip: I'd consider a room on the second floor for more privacy, although I would not be uncomfortable...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo