Le Riad Monceau
Riad Karmela(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$96
$91
  • Breakfast included
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$56
$307
$458
$439
Cancelon
All reviewsthe main squarepasha suiteprivate jacuzzicooking classthe hustle and bustlejemaa ellovely riadhotel restauranthammam spafirst floorsmall alleyan oasis of peacemoroccan pastriesshort stayheart of marrakechhighly recommend this riadbig square
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

This riad is by far one of the best places I have ever stayed. Everything is amazing, from the food, to the staff, the beds, pillows, etc. It is so comfortable and beautiful. The location is perfect as well. If I'm ever back in Marrakech this would be my go-to place. Loved it!!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Maria P
RM-management, Propriétaire at Le Riad Monceau, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2014

Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other travelers - so please let me thank you for writing this nice review.
I understand you had a great time with us and I would like to assure you that makes me sincerely happy.
Thank you to TripAdvisor to allow us this management’s response.
Isabelle Aubry
Owner of Riad Monceau,
Boutique hotel, gourmet restaurant and cooking school in Marrakech
Promoter of the MarrakChef Trophy

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for four nights in January, in a large suite with a jacuzzi bathroom and open fire. It was really beautiful and very romantic. All classic Moroccan style with great attention to detail. There are terraces to relax on and the roof has sun loungers equipped with shade, sun hats and towels. The food was very good and the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. We enjoyed a full set of treatments from the in-house Hammam which were excellent, both in value and quality. The riad is located a few minutes walk from the main square so very well positioned for a short stay. A word of advice - take ear plugs! The call to prayer at 5am from the many nearby mosques will wake even the soundest of sleepers. Overall, would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if you can. It's well worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cocomyrtle
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and I, along with a group of friends, spent five nights at the hotel.

We had an excellent time, the staff was friendly and extremely helpful. The room while one of the smaller ones was more than adequate with a large (public) terrace outside our room and perfectly suited to reading and afternoon tea. The bathroom was large and a little dim but acceptable. The water pressure was very good and with plenty of hot water; families with children would be advised to supervise them, the water temperature bordered on scalding. I found the bed perfectly acceptable, my wife found it too hard. The breakfast was simple but excellent; fresh rolls, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, eggs cooked to order and strong coffee. The decor is extremely relaxing with a rooftop sitting area and casual seating around the (small) pool. We ate at the restaurant four out of the five nights and thoroughly enjoyed the dinners, at lunch the french fries are superb. The dinner is a fixed menu with multiple appetizer courses and a tajine as the entree. The wine list is limited but they served a number of very acceptable Moroccan wines reasonably priced, by San Francisco standards.

My wife signed up for both the cooking class and the spa. She thought the class was very good, there was a certain amount of prep work but as she likes to cook she didn’t mind and thought the result (lunch) was very satisfying. The spa was okay but nothing special; as others have noted, language was a bit of a problem.

As others have noted the hotel is about five minutes walk off the main square, Jemaa el-Fnaa, in an area not particularly salubrious and down a long narrow alley, but once inside it changes to a comfortable tranquil oasis.

One item of which guests should be aware: the guide arranged by the hotel was pretty ordinary. He didn’t appear to know much about the historical or cultural aspects of the city and was very focussed on pushing certain shops. My advice if engaging a guide is to be very clear at the outset on what you expect from his services.

On the morning of our departure we had to leave early and before breakfast was served, however, the night porter prepared orange juice and coffee for us, a nice touch,

If I revisited Marrakech I’m not sure I would stay in the Medina, it doesn’t feel particularly inviting at night and the new town has what appear to be an extensive collection of modern, full service hotels with numerous restaurants easy to walk to.

Overall an excellent choice as both a hotel and restaurant when staying in the Medina.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TiburonTony
Reviewed March 30, 2014

If you MUST stay in the medina, i would recommend this riad. The medina is crowded, dirty, overwhelming, and aggressive. This is literally RIGHT off the medina (15 steps-1 min walk), and it is a very luxurious place to stay. You feel like you just stepped out of the medina and into a small palace with accomodating staff and nice rooms. We had a suite, with a balcony, and jacuzzi in our room, but to be honest it was still quite small. So once again if you MUST stay in the medina, then I would recommend this place.

The front desk woman Riesling was incredible. She even went out and brought my wife a hairbrush when we couldnt find one in the market. As soon as Riesling leaves though, get ready for terrible service. The nighttime front desk people are rude, dont know anything, dont care about helping, and they act like youre bothering them for even asking simple questions. DO NOT DO THE COOKING CLASS. Its boring, long, and basically 4 hours of peeling vegetables (kill me).

Bottom line great place to stay if you want to be in the hustle and bustle of the medina.

Room Tip: Get a suite. Theyre not much more than regular rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CLonds
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I had been put off by a couple if reviews so glad I stuck by my instinct and booked dinner for my wife and I. The setting, food and staff were wonderful and we had a memorable evening and wonderful value for money. The set menu is varied and there will be something for anyone on it. There is no a la carte but for once that was not an issue and it was all part of the ambience as we sat in the middle of the riad eating and watching the stars.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ProfRussel
RM-management, Propriétaire at Le Riad Monceau, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other travellers, so please let me thank you for writing this nice review.
Thank you to TripAdvisor to allow us this management response.
Isabelle Aubry