“Excellent stay at Dar Zaman”
Review of Riad Dar Zaman

Riad Dar Zaman
Ranked #87 of 1,193 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Excellent stay at this riad. Karima makes great food, and Hassan was wonderful, giving advice on navigating the crazy streets of Marrakech, and took a personal interest to make sure you were enjoying yourself.

Riad is very clean and comfortable, and very close to everything. Felt very safe, a nice quiet haven after the navigating the streets of Marrakech.

Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 8, 2012

From the minute you arrive at Dar Zaman you feel at home. Hassan is an essential part of this friendly team. When I arrived I wasn't feeling well & unfortunately I was too ill to eat the arrival dinner - Hassan was very helpful, offering me a fan, water etc. My friend & I stayed in the room showed above & this met our requirements, my only complaint is that the bathroom lighting is dark making it difficult to dry your hair or put make-up on. We had complimentary water, in-room safe, air-con, hairdryers & little touches that you don't get if you're staying at a hotel. As this riad is small (only 4 bedrooms), you get to know the other guests - which is nice to chat with other people over a drink at the end of a busy day. The breakfasts seem to be catered for you whenever you get up & are plentiful. Hassan & Peter offer lots of advise, tips & history of Marrakesh. We loved staying at this Riad, I have already reccommended it to people & would definately come again. I stayed at The Atlas Medina & Spa on my last visit & there was nothing notably memorable about it but staying at a riad this time made the holiday more special.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Wow!!!! My friends and I had the best time ever at Dar Zaman, having returned just a few days ago. The personal service we received from Hassan, Peter and Karina was amazing, for whom nothing was too much trouble. Hassan met us around the corner from the Dar outside the School and we walked for a couple of minutes to our Dar. We had a lovely dinner included in our package upon arrival.

The rooftop has lovely views and is so tranquil - a perfect place to relax. The rooms are all unique and special - 3 rooms on the first floor and 1 room on the roof area. The rooms are fabulously decorated in traditional Morroccan style and my double bed was so comfortable with a duvet, crisp white sheets and pillows. Air con is provided if you need it and also Wifi was a huge plus as we couldnt get a mobile signal most of the time in the city.Something very unusual - the rooms dont have keys but bolts on the interior and exterior but safes are provided free of charge if you need them. The hospitality and friendliness we experienced made us feel totally at home and we had many fun times chatting to the guys. If you want a table booking at a restaurant Hassan and Peter can organise this along with excursions. I also found the information books Peter put together extremely useful and informative. The atmosphere was so relaxed with breakfast being a very pleasant start to the day!

When we went out the local taxi driver came to the Dar to pick us up, names and phone numbers for return journeys handed to us so we felt completely safe and looked after. Outside the hotel the locals were friendly and a few cute children followed us to accompany us home from time to time!! We didnt experience any hassle in the city, just the usual banter (if you've been to Turkey before it will seem familiar!) and Hassan gave us some advice and recommendations of places to visit along with a great handwritten map.

I would recommend Riad Dar Zaman as a very friendly, extremely comfortable, safe place to stay in a great location just a 10-15 minswalk to the centre yet away from the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Cannot speak highly enough of this incredible place to stay. Hassan, Peter and Karima make you feel as though you are at home. Spotlessly clean, comfortable and so close to everything you will ever need in Marrakech. Hassan gives great advice and shares his incredible local knowledge of the area which definitely comes in useful when attempting to navigate the souks, riads and medinas.

Room Tip: Only 4 rooms in the Riad, all are cozy, clean and warm. The communal areas are clean, calming and al...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Peter and his team were extremely helpful, very friendly and made you feel that the riad was your home. It was peaceful, cosy and welcoming after the hustle bustle of the medina. The rooms were beautifully decorated and clean and the food was excellent. We had a wonderful time and will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie H
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Hassan, Karima and Peter make a great team to provide a wonderful place to stay. The riad is superbly laid out and decorated. The trio combine to provide extremely helpful and knowledgeable information of where to go/ what to see and what to do. However, the riad is a little difficult to find, and without signage, travellers will fall foul of street touts and the inevitable demand for money on arrival, unless they are picked up and directly conveyed to the riad.

Room Tip: The room on the terrasse is likely to be exposed to the heat of day in summer... it was certainly wa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have never stayed in a place where people took care of me like family and I wasn't family.

When I arrived I was really sick. I tried to tough it out and I just was getting worse. Hassan and Peter got me medicine made special food for me and helped tailor my trip so I could still enjoy myself. Amazing. Their hearts are bigger than the Riad.

The rooms were really clean overlooking the courtyard. The bathroom was quite nice, lots of hot water, plenty of space for 1 person at a time. we needed an extra blanket at night and Hassan gave us a nice thick one...not to mention a fire place in the room! It was very cool.

The courtyard was really spacious and I could have stared at the pool all day. The breakfast was good and the coffee a plenty. In the evening if you're not out and about, TV with Hassan is great after a very good dinner of Moroccan salad and entry.

All in all I had a really good time, people were really amazing and I'm so happy they took care of me.

This is the place.