WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #431 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
Seattle, Washington
“Pleasant surprise.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

We just got back from 6 nights at the hotel.
I booked it with a lot of hesitation after reading
some of the reviews, but for the rooms and the price
there were no comparisons.

The property is beautiful, away from the hustle and bustle of the busy Medina
was just what we wanted. Rooms have 2 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms, so great for families,
garden is lovely and pool is nice, be be aware no shallow end.
The service is coming along..... People were kind and accommodating as well with our kids, so we did not expect much more. Breakfast is best ordered to the room where everything arrived hot, as opposed to
the few times we went for brunch.
The best part for us, was the hotels main driver Habib, who for a reasonable fee drove us to and from, showed us many sights and gave us great suggestions, a very kind and enthusiastic man.
Our kids enjoyed his as well.
The hotel is good and has great potential.
We'll be back in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lola V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Antibes, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Came here for the Sunday brunch and pool pass.and an eventual room booking for June.
Upon arrival, we headed to the reception and felt unwelcomed by the way we were greeted by the receptionist who just showed us where the brunch was held by a motion of his head,not a good start.
The hostess was very friendly and showed us our table and sun beds and then went to assist other guests.
After a while there was shade on our beds, so we asked the manager to move, but he said the sun will move so will the shade and left,then a waiter assisted us to move to a sunnier place.need to mention that all the sun beds are over used and need to be changed as some mattresses were torn apart and ill fitted.
The brunch itself was ok, but for the price we paid (25 euros excluding drinks and including the pool pass),we didn't expect ultimate gastronomy. The starters were good,the main dishes were unappetizing and cold,let alone the old fashioned shafing dishes.dessert was below average , but not being a dessert fan, i settled with the fruit salad.
The same manager again,did not wish to listen when we informed him that he seated other guests on our table which the hostess had showed us earlier and mentioned that the others had booked the day before,well so had we,anyway... We were seated on another table with a "wall view".
All this is ok, but what's with the music? Felt we were at nikki beach at a pool party and expected to see drunk people dancing in the pool,the music was so loud and hip hop/R&B , did not fit the surroundings , we expected to have low background lounge music.
When we left , the music was heard till the entrance, so i guess the rooms are not quiet and would be bothered by the loud music, so no booking for June as planned.
This said , for an average food,loud music and a rude manager, we will not be coming back for sure,pitty as the place is nice.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Travig00

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

I was there last week ,staff very nice and helpful, We took a diplomatic suite for 4 ,nice room with terrace and view on the pool ,clean and up to standard, beds comfortable ,suite clean ,nice furniture, the only problem was the Wifi connection .The staff at the restaurant are very very nice ,Keep it up ,I will go back definitely to Jardin D Inés when ever I'm In Marrakech .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel we all rather the kids or us enjoyed the intimacy of this great boutique hotel. The whole staff were really friendly and helpful rather with the kids or with us, the rooms are large and very comfortable furnished with taste and we really enjoy our room which had a terrace just in front the swimming pool. The only disappointment we had is that the swimming pool was not as describe on the leaflet warm at all, and for the one that needs to be connected the wifi is really poor and not at all up to standards. Again a great thank you to Karim, Aziz, Adil, mrs Ghita who was really helpful to make our stay really enjoy full.

We really marked this hotel as one of our second home in Marrakech and a place to come again soon....

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Youness T
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

From the time I checked in, the hotel experience was not akin to a 5 star hotel. I was on an excursion with a group of friends previously and I was staying an extra evening in Morocco. I had decided to stay an extra day in comparison to my friends

On the day of our check in, I decided to check in and with my friends we wanted to have lunch at the hotel although they were not staying. We arrived at the hotel, dropped off my luggage and waited for a table in the restaurant.

The waitress informed us that we would have to wait twenty minutes and sat us down in another area while we wait. We asked to order some drinks in the interim until that point. After about 15 minutes we still had not had a waitress come over to serve us bearing in mind it was 25 degree temperature at the time.

We asked a further three other times before this was done and also our waitress regarding our table. She never seemed to take us seriously and she eventually got us a table after one of the duty managers got involved.

They sat us down at a table which was dirty and not cleared. We eventually got some water but to my disbelief the waitress took only two glasses. We even mentioned to her that there was 7 of us but she didn’t even stop and walk back to ask for more glasses. This took over an hour and a half.

After all of this we left to go eat at another restaurant. I complained to the duty manager who profusely apologised for the issue and she blamed the fact that the staff had been recently employed. I told her that this was not an excuse and she agreed with me but there was nothing that she could do about it.

Up until this point two of my friends were thinking to cancel their fights and rebook with the hotel, through last minute.

However due to the lack of apologies and anything to be done about what had happened already then I personally told them not to.

When I arrived back at the hotel after our late lunch, I got into my room and there were several things missing. There was no coffee or tea, water or Jacuzzi style bath as advertised on your website or even complimentary water.

There was no room service menu either so I could not order room service if I wanted to.

I rang up the room service but due to the French English issues they did not understand what I was asking.

In the evening I also had the huge inconvenience of someone from their staff come in and try to clean the room at 9pm!.. I was under the impression that room service would clean during the day when I am not there.

Finally, when checking out of the hotel they charged me tax of around 50 Dirahms which I was not aware of after they argued with myself that I had not paid for the room in advance.

I am extremely upset and unhappy about the way and my friends were treated at the resort

I actually had several friends who wanted to book a suite in Marrakech and were looking forward to my review. Unfortunately all that will happen now. don’t book this hotel as not only was the service terrible, slow and the staff were rude. At the most it would be a three star hotel. I have stayed at 2 star bed and breakfasts here in the UK with better service than this.

Although other people have written good reviews... you are not guaranteed a great stay here..

Gary

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gary O
DirectionCL, Manager at Jardin d'Ines, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Mr Gary,

We would like to thank you for taking time to note your impression about your stay in Jardin d’inès.

We regret to see that you had a bad recollection of your stay with us.

We will of course use your remarks to improve our services, but I would like to address some of your comments.

For your lunch experience, this day we had a special Sunday Brunch with a fashion catwalk. So, all the customers knew that it needs reservation before. You came with your friends (8 persons) without any reservation, that's why our waitress told to wait twenty minutes and sat you in another area. But after that, she found a place in the first free table. Normal that she didn't be cleaned before, she installed you just after the departure of the customers before you. She did not knew that you were not interested in having the brunch formula (a self service) that's why she did not came back with the lunch card.

For your information, in every hotel you will have to pay a tax (49.50Dhs / person / night) that’s mentioned in the booking.

We have reviewed every point with our staff and will make the necessary changes to continuously improve the overall guest experience.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future and hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you for a next stay at Jardin d’inès.

Sanaa BERRADA
Bromley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We understand that this hotel has been taken over two months ago and if our experience shows they must have done a lot of changes from some of the other reviews. Room was lovely 2 bedrooms three balconies all immaculately clean. The staff were helpful and friendly. The pool and breakfast setting were gorgeous with plenty of sunbeds, double beds, hammocks and settees to chill out in. The food was probably the best we have had do not miss the steak. The grounds ans setting make up for the trip into town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DirectionCL, Manager at Jardin d'Ines, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear guest,

We are happy to see that you remark the difference between the reviews and the real quality of our products and service.
It's real that after the rebranding By Christophe Leroy, since six months , our first objective is to give to our guests the best service and food on choosing our chef. Hoping to welcome you again in the near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Me and my partner stayed at the Jardin d'ines at the end of Aug beginning of Sept. I booked online and then looked at the reviews on here and became immediately worried! I needn't have, as the hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful and the food was good. Breakfast is a little expensive, and as is to be expected in N.Africa there are quite a lot of flies about. The pool is lovely and the WiFi worked in our room on and off but was fine in the restraunt and lobbey area. For the price this is a fantastic hotel. The location is out of town, but obviously you can see that from the map!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear,
Thank you so much for taking time to note your warm impression about Jardin d’Inès on Tripadvisor.
We are glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Our real pleasure is to welcome you back at Jardin d’Inès