My wife and I stayed at this lovely riad during the second week of September, and we have to say it was an amazing experience. There are many aspects that we can talk about, so I will try to break it down for future visitors:
1. Location – The riad is located in the heart of Marrakech’s Old Medina, and it is only five minutes walking distance to the Jemaa el Fna square. While everything is conveniently located, the riad feels like a quiet oasis in the dessert after a hot day of walking and exploring the busy streets of Marrakech.
2. Commodities – We stayed in the Walida room, and they accommodated us with a double bed. The room feels really cozy, and the decoration has an African theme, which is obviously very fitting. We had a private bathroom in the room, and the overall cleanliness was superior. I will also like to comment that I was in contact with Ollie prior to our visit, and he will make sure you get the room that matches your needs. Additionally, a taxi cab was arranged in advance to take us to the airport. Do not hesitate to ask.
3. Gastronomy – Breakfast was great and plentiful. Freshly squeezed orange juice, fresh bread, fresh fruits, croissants, pancakes and FREE of charge. Dinner was simply amazing. By far, the best tagine we had during our stay in Morocco. I would highly recommend that all guests have dinner at least once during your stay. You will need to let the staff know in advance, so make sure you book your dinner reservation.
4. Atmosphere – One thing you will notice upon arrival is how comfortable you will feel at this riad. The first thing you will encounter is the lovely courtyard with chessboard. There is always a soothing selection of music playing in the background, and the roof terrace is a phenomenal place to relax. There is also a nice selection of white, red and rose wine along with local beer.
5. Staff – I saved that best for last. The staff is truly what makes this place special. Right from the second you set foot in Dar Najat, the entire staff is ultra-accommodating. We were greeted by Olli as soon as we arrived, and he made us feel right at home. We were asked to set our luggage down and move to the roof terrace for some refreshments. Instead of making the check-in experience a simple business transaction, the staff will go out of their way to make sure you know everything there is to know about the place, the location and the tourists’ attractions. Mido was an amazing staff member, incredible tour guide and overall wonderful person. He showed us a local map and provided us with the best tips of what to do and what not to do. He walked us all the way to the Jemaa el Fna square to make sure that we knew how to get there and how to get back. Mido, along with Momo, will make sure that all guests are taken care of at all times. The rest of the staff was equally friendly and accommodating. Excellent!
Overall, our stay at Dar Najat was an incredibly positive one. I would highly recommend this place to family, friends and future visitors. If you are going to visit Marrakech, do not look any further and book your stay at Dar Najat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Dar Najat,Traveller's Choice 2015 by Trip Advisor. "Coolest Boutique Riad in Marrakech" is a very intimate riad with a hot tube Jacuzzi on the roof terrace, 5 minute walk away from the famous and colourful Jemaa el Fna market area, right in the heart of the Medina of Marrakesh. This romantic 4-star boutique guesthouse has been freshly renovated to offer even more comfort and elegance than before. Let our friendly staff cater to your every request, and pamper you in lush, tranquil surroundings. Stepping out the front door takes you back to a former era, with the ancient, echoing sounds of the medina, Jemaa el Fna and the hectic hubbub of Marrakech life. After a busy day of exploration and shopping in this vibrant and exotic city, you can leave it all behind by enjoying a delicious meal or drink on one of our terraces, soothing your body in our rooftop jacuzzi, or just retiring to the warm, peaceful intimacy of your quiet and well-appointed room. Riad Dar Najat is a proud member of the "Coolest Riads in Morocco" Collection and we'll be more than glad if you try our new luxury guest house in Essaouira,Riad Bab Essaouira"Dar Najat's little sister Riad" with the possibility to have a " Marrakech/Essaouira Package Deal "for our best rates.cheers! Oliver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Riad Dar Najat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Najat Marrakech
- Riad Dar Najat Hotel Marrakech