Riad Dar Najat
$46
$121
$61
1,126 results
All reviewsthe main squareroof terracehis teamatlas mountainsday tripjemaa eltaginefresh orange juicequiet at nightfew minutes walkvisit marrakechan oasispancakesold citybeautiful riadheart of marrakechthe hustle and bustle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was with a group of 10 of my friends while we were on Semester at Sea (Spring 2013) and we stayed at Riad Dar Najat. Immediately I felt so comfortable with the staff, and Oliver is an absolute saint. Momo and Oliver planned everything for us, all we had to do was meet downstairs for our ride to come get us. We were only in Marrakech for 4 days, 3 nights and all of them were filled with great, fun things to do thanks to the staff at Dar Najat. The rooms are spectacular with full on air-conditioning, clean bathrooms, and comfortable beds. Everything about Riad Dar Najat was absolutely fabulous and I would highly recommend this Riad to anyone...especially SASers. If you're looking for a fun, safe, clean place to stay this is definitely the place.

ALSO...I recommend having at least one meal at the Riad. It was probably one of the best meals we had all trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Marisa M
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I really have never stayed anywhere where the staff was so caring and genuinely concerned about our plans and wanting to help us have the best time possible. Me and my friend, two 20 year old girls, talked to the staff and they helped us figure out what would be best to do each day, and gave us advice on what to do in the city and what to be careful with. The riad was beautiful, and even just relaxing on the rooftop was perfect. The breakfast served each morning was delicious, and very very plentiful. I would absolutely recommend this Riad to anybody looking into it! Nothing was missing, and everything was perfect. I cannot recommend this place more, honestly. Perfect location and perfect staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carolina A
Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you have never been to Marrakech before then Dar Najat would be a fantastic experience.I have stayed in many riads and would highly recommend Dar Najat
Olivier the owner is very hands on.I have stayed in many places where you would never seen the owner and the experience is less personal.It does make a difference when you have someone on hand to show you around and just give you some general advice.Straight away you feel relaxed and nothing is too much trouble.
The riad is very well located and is about a 6-7 minute walk from the square.Olivier and his team are on hand to walk you to the square so you have no fear of gettiing lost on your first day.
Away from the hussle of the medina the riad is really calm and peaceful and we spent a few evenings enjoyings some nice home cooked food.I asked for a Kefta Tagine which Moho cooked for us on our last night.It was the best I have tasted.
We enjoyed chilled out time on the terrace but also being able to walk to the squre in minutes was fantastic
The staff are all lovely and you feel like you are at home.I will definately return and I will look forward to another Kefta Tagine very soon.Thanks so much for making our trip such an easy and relaxing one.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We just came back from a wonderful 3 days spent in Dar Najat towards the tail end of our 9 day tour through Morocco. Momo the care taker is an absolute star, he is on his feet from morning until dont know when, but he was always around when we needed something. The rooms are comfortable, clean and the air-conditioning good, but given the building is in the heart of the old city, some of the rooms can be small, we changed from a smaller room to a bigger one during our stay. The service was so warm and attentive that we felt we were spending the time with close friends or family. I absolutely loved the terrace where we had breakfast and drinks each evening, but what I liked best was that there was no fixed time for breakfast which really allowed us to take things easy and at our own pace. We didnt eat dinner there but the other guests highly recommended it. Oliver the owner is very friendly and hospitable and provides good advice on spending time in Marrakech. He also runs a guesthouse in Eassouira, and although didnt get a chance to spend a night there on this trip; had to make do with a day trip ( highly recommend as an excursion though, best seafood ever), but hope to next time. The most outstanding thing was, someone was always there to listen and cater to your requirements.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Just back from a 9-day trip to Marrakesh and Essaouira. My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at Riad Dar Najat. It's located in a traditional Moroccan house, a dar, in the Douar Graoua neighborhood in the medina on a quiet lane a short walk from Djemma El Fna. Its owner, Olivier, is French and his wife, Souad, is Moroccan. Oliver, Souad, and all the Moroccan staff here, including Momo, Sakina, and Mohammed, are warm and helpful. If you are worried about getting lost, someone will walk with you to make sure you know where you are going. If you need advice, they will provide it. if you need something, they will get it. The food is delicious. A great breakfast on one of the the outdoor terraces every morning (coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice, semolina pancakes, croissants, eggs, Moroccan bread, jam, and butter, and fruit.) Dinner is also available if you want it--great appetizers, tajines, and couscous. The outdoor spaces are lovely--dinner under a carpet of stars listening to the sounds of children laughing and playing in the lane below. Breakfast in the sunlight among the plants and flowers, the birds chirping, with pet turtle Oscar underfoot. Plenty of places to sit quietly or hang out. Good Wifi The rooms are clean and comfortable, with air conditioning, or if it's chilly, as it was while we were there, a portable heater. One of the advantages of staying with Olivier is that he also owns a nice riad in Essaouira, Bab Essaouira, and it's easy to spend a few days in Essaouira, then come back to Dar Najat, without having to negotiate with two different hotels. Transport to and from the airport is included, and Olivier can help arrange excursions. The driver, Abdou, is a good guy, very reliable, and a good driver. As others have written, Dar Najat is an oasis of peace and quiet. That's important, because Marrakesh can sometimes feel overwhelming and exhausting. By time we left, we felt very much at home there. Go to the riad's Web site to see pictures. We hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Because the hotel is in a traditional Moroccan house, it is inside high walls with an interior courtyard open to the air. All the rooms open into the courtyard. The rooms on the ground floor don't get much sunlight coming in and are a bit darker, compared with those on the higher floor. But you will not need to spend much time in your room anyway, as there are so many outdoor spaces you can use, including the roof terrace.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple