We visited marrakech in June 2014 and stayed at this riad. Beofre we went, I emailed Philippe, the manager, and arranged transfers to and from the Airport and was told this was free. When we arrvied we were greeted at the main road by a guy with a wheelbarrow for our luggage. He then took us through a narrow street to our riad. Upon entering the riad, Monsef greeted us and told us to make ourselves at home - nice touch!
The riad itself is like staying at someones house! Lovely personal feel and staff are all lovely! We stayed on the ground floor near the pool and the room was immaculate. A little on the dark side but so very clean! There is no TV in the room or tea/coffee making facilities - although you can order tea/coffee - for a surcharge! The rooftop is fantastic, not great views, but a lovely spot to hang out, sunbathe etc.
We stayed on a B&B basis, and breakfast was nice! Moroccan bread, yoghurt, tea/coffee, fruit, pastries and pancakes.
Location is fantastic, only one straight street leading right into the main square, which is where we hung out most of the time. The street is narrow, but you don't feel intimidated at all, even when walking at night, because it is lined with shops and is always busy.
The only reason this place didn't get the full five stars is because when we were given our bill at the end of the stay, there was an additional £20 or so added for airport transfers, When I showed the staff my email conversation with the manager, stating that airport transfer was free of charge, they said that only applied one way! A little cheeky to say the least, but we grinned and paid reluctantly!
Overall, a lovely place to stay with a fantastic location, just clear all details fully with Philippe before you go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marrakesh 4-star Riad les Bougainvilliers, located in Riad Zitoune Lakdim, only five minutes away from the Djemaa el Fna square, offers a special holiday in Morocco, in one of the country's most enchanting cities, rich in souks, narrow streets, palaces, mosques, handicraft and Islamic Art Museums. Passed the Riad's entrance you will be fascinated by a patio hosting a flowered garden with banana and palm trees. A second patio hosts the swimming pool, while the indoor lounge and the terrace offer the ideal atmosphere to read a book and relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Riad Les Bougainvilliers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Les Bougainvilliers Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Les Bougainvilliers Marrakech