Only ten minutes from the square via dusty roads. Not difficult to find once you have been shown. A taxi takes you close but get the Riad to send a man with a cart for your luggage to get you to your door. Best get Riad to book the taxi transfer rather than pay over the top via tour operators.
Lovely traditional building with courtyards and balconies. Always beautifully clean. Large fluffy white towels and bath robes. We had a huge room,bathroom,separate toilet and a balcony. Good breakfasts in Moroccan style. Fresh orange juice,bread,cheese,jams,fruit. Dinner by arrangement . Very much home cooking , a three course Moroccan meal but with no choices. Generous portions. Would be nice to know more than a day in advance about the meals and to sample things you don't get in the local restaurants which sell tagines and couscous and not much else. But the cook will make food you like if you ask.
Riad staff are all excellent with the highest standards of service. Trips can be arranged for you. We went to the mountains for the day and to a hammam. There is a roof garden where you can use loungers. Our only problem was the heating that didn't work but was fixed quickly. A wood fire was made in our room during the repair which was lovely. The dining room was cold and needs a fire on in the evening but rose petals on the table are a lovely touch. We visited in February when it was quite cold at night.in summer you would be glad of the cool rooms. Improvements we would suggest are an information book detailing local attractions . A good choice for a medium priced accommodation. Staff speak French,Arabic and English. We enjoyed our stay and had a lot of laughs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marrakesh 4-star Riad les Bougainvilliers, located in Riad Zitoune Lakdim, only five minutes away from the Djemaa el Fna square, offers a special holiday in Morocco, in one of the country's most enchanting cities, rich in souks, narrow streets, palaces, mosques, handicraft and Islamic Art Museums. Passed the Riad's entrance you will be fascinated by a patio hosting a flowered garden with banana and palm trees. A second patio hosts the swimming pool, while the indoor lounge and the terrace offer the ideal atmosphere to read a book and relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Riad Les Bougainvilliers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Les Bougainvilliers Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Les Bougainvilliers Marrakech