The service was impeccable. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure you are happy. Basics:
location: very close to the main square, should cost around 150 dirham from the airport to the end of the street. Then, you have to walk with your bags and find the riad. It's the same for any of them because cabs can't go down the narrow streets
Riad: There are no locks or room keys, but the riad is a fortress protected from the outside world. Someone is on duty 24 hours to let you into the complex and then you can go to your room. Is completely safe and I never worried about our stuff. The staff would fight off any scamming locals.
The place is cool and beautiful and calm. There is a plunge pool, wifi, outdoor seating, a rooftop deck, a library like room, plants and pretty tile work, etc.
Breakfast: the included breakfast varied each day, always fresh squeezed orange juice, yogurt, different kinds of breads, jams, butter, fruit, etc.
Plenty of hot water in the shower and a towel warmer (handy for drying hand washed items).
The hotel can arrange for airport transfers for 20 euros for 2 people. They can help you print boarding passes as well.
The beds are clean and comfortable.
The staff mostly spoke French and our main helper spoke English. Learn a few basic French words though to be polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marrakesh 4-star Riad les Bougainvilliers, located in Riad Zitoune Lakdim, only five minutes away from the Djemaa el Fna square, offers a special holiday in Morocco, in one of the country's most enchanting cities, rich in souks, narrow streets, palaces, mosques, handicraft and Islamic Art Museums. Passed the Riad's entrance you will be fascinated by a patio hosting a flowered garden with banana and palm trees. A second patio hosts the swimming pool, while the indoor lounge and the terrace offer the ideal atmosphere to read a book and relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Riad Les Bougainvilliers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Les Bougainvilliers Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Les Bougainvilliers Marrakech