WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #104 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
Manchester England
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We picked this Riad out after extensive research and it worked out fine. The best thing about this Riad was its location - just a few minutes from El Jamaa square. Also they had a great roof area for sunbathing and rooftop viewing, and a plunge pool at ground level. And it's lovely inside. Plus the staff are really helpful and friendly. Our room was absolutely fine; it was a bit dark due to the nature of a Riad (no outside windows) but was large and the bed was super comfy. I have to say that I was not quite appreciative of the Riad features - one significant one is that noise travels all around the courtyard due to the way they are set up so it can be quite noisy if people are talking in the central area late at night although this was not a major problem. We did not eat here in the evening here so cannot comment on the food really, but I thought breakfast was somewhat limited and a bit boring after a few days.
Note that the directions (from Jemaa el Fna) to the Riad on the website (www.riadlesbougainvilliers.com) are very good - although you need to translate from simple French - fairly easy online. We made our own way to the square and found the Riad quite easily once we had our bearings. What you have to do is find the Cafe Toukbal for the start of the directions - it's to the right of all the rooftop restaurants. And don't expect la rue Riad Zitoun El Kdim through the arch to be a road - it's just a narrow walkway, like a lot of the 'streets' in the medina. So just get a taxi to the square, and it's a few hundred yards from the arch and fairly easy to find with the directions.
At the end of our stay we thought it was a good choice to stay at this Riad, although to be fair we had nothing to compare it with being our first trip. Not sure we would come back to Marrakech; we were somewhat disenchanted by all the people here trying to extract money from you, often on the pretence of being helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SummerLightening

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Devizes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

A lovely Riad in the heart of the chaos of Marrakech. A little tricky to find initially - down a twisting narrow alleyway (typical of the old city) - but behind the beautiful door you step into a quiet tastefully decorated courtyard which is a welcome respite from the outside world. Extremely friendly and helpful staff will take care of you and make you feel very welcome. Our twin room was simple but clean and had everything we needed.

I also recommend eating dinner there at least once - we found we did have to make sure we asked to book this at least a few hours in advance, but the food was delicious.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Olivia473
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

An excellent find! Everyone could not have been any more helpful. The rooms very comfortable, breakfast delicious. The Riad is just beautiful and in a perfect position to visit any area. A truly relaxing haven within a busy, amazing place. Thank you everyone for making our first trip to Marrekech very memorable.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Loved this little piece of heaven! Great and knowledgable staff, lovely rooms, very clean and typically moroccan. Would definitely stay here again if I were to return! I very much appreciated the organization of airport pick up /drop off and the fact that I was made to feel so at home.
Merci Beacoup!
Shannon Barnes

Room Tip: all are great!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed at the Riad for two days over Christmas. Great service, beautiful room, and EXCELLENT food. We had a big room on the second floor. The bathroom was gorgeous, the bed was comfortable, and there was a great sitting area. We loved this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank plumtraveler
Los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

From my first email inquiry to my departure from the Riad, everything was handled so perfectly and professionally that I had to write my review before I headed back to Los Angeles. I will focus only on the riad in my review, the staff was so precise and kind and made me feel at home immediately . Moncef, and Yassin handled the day to day stuff for me like getting me a bus ticket to another city, getting me to my cabs, making sure I had. Everything I needed at every moment. I can say this was the best service. I also want to comment in the riad owner Philippe who was so helpful to me before I arrived from the USA and when I departed. I had to leave a day early and he was very kind and generous about accommodating me with this. He was great in every way. I visited other riads in the area while I was there and realize that if I were to ever return to Marrakech. I would definitely stay here. At the riad les Bouganvilliers. The location to the main square was PERFECT, while very close. Less than 5 minutes walk, it was amazingly quiet. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable and good size. The bathrooms were interesting and well decorated and also a good size. The water pressure was excellent. The environment was excellent. Breakfast was served in the lovely dining area. Each morning. Very quickly. Different types of breads, creeps, jams. Excellent coffee and the best fresh orange juice. Never had to wait more than a minute to be attended to. Overall this made my trip to morocco. So nice and I loved the riad very much. The rooftop was also spacious and nice, with sitting areas and lounges. Make sure to go to this road when visiting Marrakech. Also there was a nice living room with reading areas and television if interested

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank susannaa2000
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

If you are ever in Marrakech, you simply have to stay at Riad Les Bougainvilliers. It is located down a quiet alley not far from the famous Jemaa el Fenaa and the souks and streets of Medina. The Riad is created around a tranquil atrium that creates a complete contrast to the world outside the entrance. The rooms are spacious and beautifully appointed in the traditional style. The staff were extremely helpful, courteous and friendly. We will definitely stay here on our next visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple